Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbgolfnut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
I am trying to set up a template for determining the winners of a skins game.
Each of the eighteen holes has an assigned handicap, and based on the golfers handicap he may get 0, 1, or 2 strokes. For example, one of the holes has a handicap of 2, so any golfer with a handicap of greater than 1 will get a stroke on that hole, (IF statement is: IF(Handicap>1, score-1,score)). The problem is that if the golfer's handicap is greater than 19, he should get two strokes on that hole. How can I make that a condition of the formula?

jbgolfnut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
If Statement Help

Thank you for your prompt reply, Shawnpk. I am trying to do this as a spreadsheet in Numbers, using a different formula for each hole, and that script looks like computer programming. What would it look like in Numbers script, and can you even do an If/Else statement in Numbers?

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you for your prompt reply, Shawnpk. I am trying to do this as a spreadsheet in Numbers, using a different formula for each hole, and that script looks like computer programming. What would it look like in Numbers script, and can you even do an If/Else statement in Numbers?

Sorry. I'm so used to seeing coding questions that I assumed yours was a coding question. I don't really have much Numbers experience so I'm afraid I can't be any help.

jbgolfnut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
If Statement Help

MaxBeagleton, thank you so much for taking the time to help a geriatric newbie with his little project. The formula worked perfectly. I suspected I would need to use nested IF statements, but had no idea what the format was in Numbers. Thanks again for your kindness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.