Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CardboardGiant

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Not sure if it's out yet as Amazon is allowing pre-orders...

But I'm wondering if anyone here has one yet? And how is it?

If you're planning on buying one when it's out, what would you mainly use it to do?

I'm thinking about buying one so I can multi-task like a boss. Might be very useful when writing university papers or researching.

QuaziModo

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Townsville, Australia
Ordered and waiting!

Ordered on 2nd of August and just waiting for it to arrive :)

Is basically being used as both a display and docking station for new MBA 11" Ultimate. Which was ordered at the same time! No idea why it is taking this long, though I did hear that the second batch of machines had a delay due to correcting something with the i7. My guess is fixing the cooling/fan inconsistency issues.

dubAdub

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
Bray, Ireland
I ordered mine at the same time as my MBA without knowing the thing had only been announced and wasn't yet shipping :(. The earliest shipping date I've seen anyone claim is Sep 12th. There aren't any reviews of it based on actually having the hardware to play with.

I'll use it at home to have a nice big display. I was going to get the Ivy Bridge iMac 27" next year but decided I wanted a bit of portability too without losing the big screen.

Last edited:

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I plan on getting one. Pricey, yes! But their is value there when you figure how much it can do. I'll be picking one up once the Apple store has them in stock.

Toonbay

macrumors 6502
Got one on order as well, i was going to replace my 24 inch 2009 iMac but once i got the 11 MBA i decided to give the 24 iMac to my son and order one of these for home when I'm doing house plans etc using ArchiCAD 15.

Mind i have been very surprised how well i can work with ArchiCAD on the 11 inch MBA but having the bigger screen will always help

Mine order status still says 12-22nd september for shipping. I only ordered about a week ago so i am sure the people who ordered early will be shipping soon.

I called Apple a couple of days ago and a rep told me they had started shipping but i have seen no reports on this on any forum or search

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I can't wait to hear feedback from you guys on this display. Really torn between in and the previous model.

QuaziModo

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Townsville, Australia
Shipping

The Apple guy I talked to said they weren't shipping within Australia till around the 12th so I'm guessing those of you closer to distribution paths will have a bit earlier...... Bastards :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.