Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damian.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
This thread is for people that are looking for bags or sleeves for their MacBook Air.

I always see several threads about bags and sleeves for the MacBook Air. I think it is a great idea to keep one thread for all MacBook Air bags and sleeves.
This will come in handy for current and future MacBook Air owners who need to make a choice between bags and sleeves.

Do you recommend the bag or sleeve you've just bought?
Do you want to know which bag or sleeve is the right one for your MacBook Air?
Or do you have any other questions related to bags and sleeves.

Then you are welcome to post here.

When recommending or showing your bag or sleeve:
* Please try to post some information, pictures and a link to the website.
* Mini reviews are welcome.

Last edited:

Damian.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
I currently use the Knomo Bristol messenger bag in black
TU718

and a Acme Made Skinny Sleeve for my 13" MacBook Air.
H4737

Both are available at the Apple Store:

Amce Made Skinny Sleeve.

Knomo Bristol Messenger Bag.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Here's my set up:

Incase Compact Backpack and a BoxWave Elite leather sleeve. Total value: $90 dollars ($70 for the backpack, $20 for the sleeve).

Love both.

Attachments

• MBAir Incase backpack.jpeg
    MBAir Incase backpack.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 49,494
  • MBAir Incase Interior.jpg
    MBAir Incase Interior.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,981
  • MBAir leather sleeve.jpg
    MBAir leather sleeve.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,285

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
I don't have a sleeve as of yet, but I will be buying the bookbook I think... I'm pretty sure I will also be getting the suede sleeve from SFbags for when I want to just put it in my bag, and not have much bulk and when I only need scratch protection.

As for bags, I have 2 the first is for a Hard Graft 2Unfold bag used for every day to and from work/meetings. It is a beautiful bag!

2Unfold bag

Then the second is for short trips, and when I need to carry more then just my laptop and power cords. It is a Qwestion backpack. Again, it is a beautiful bag, and perfect for my needs.

Backpack

Attachments

• hard-graft-2unfold-laptop-bag_7tYEu_59.jpg
    hard-graft-2unfold-laptop-bag_7tYEu_59.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2,116
  • qwstion-backpack-grey-all3.jpg
    qwstion-backpack-grey-all3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,665

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
I bought the unusual and trim Acme case for my 11" Ultimate MBA. I love the form factor, but the case itself left unsightly black spots on the Wrapsol film I'd installed front and back.

To their credit, Wrapsol immediately replaced the product kit. So the problem is now gone until this summer.

I hope there are some good Acme products out there ... this one has a few drawbacks. Now I find myself wishing I'd just bought a more versatile Knomo and been content with it.

rosemary1

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
I got the Brenthaven ProStyle sleeve and have been really happy with it.

http://www.brenthaven.com/mac-catalog/prostyle-sleeve-11-charcoal-0

I saw these bags mentioned in another thread, but I couldn't tell if anyone had ended up buying one - Does anyone have one?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/61158315/messenger-bag-for-11-macbook-air-black

I think I'm pretty set on getting one (once I can save up the $$ again), but I'm more undecided between the 11" and 13" (I have the 11" Air). I wanna keep my gear minimal, so I dunno if the 13" would feel too big. Eventually I'll want to carry the MBA with an iPad and other stuff.

Attachments

• il_570xN.190659126.jpg
    il_570xN.190659126.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 777
  • il_570xN.190659137.jpg
    il_570xN.190659137.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 716

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

I do not use mine at my workplace so all I needed was some kind of slip case to keep it in whilst not in use.

I settled on a Targus slip case purchased from PC World in the Uk for £19.99.

It has a carry handle on top , a netted compartment inside and a zipped outside outer compartment.

I keep my charger brick in a separate smaller zipped case.

Happy days !!

Attachments

• targus bag.jpg
    targus bag.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 747

butters149

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
does anyone know of a vintage leather messenger bag that is at least 5" in depth? i have a 3" one and find it kinda small.

kanate

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2010
My main bag is Jack Spade Laptop Messenger. Looks great, and very good quality as well.

And inside is Incase Nylon Sling Sleeve (Can be used by itself when I want to only carry my MBA11).

Attachments

• jackspade.JPG
    jackspade.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 924
  • slngslv_blk01.jpg
    slngslv_blk01.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,035

The Norman

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
It's getting late. I thought this thread was about automobile safety and arm tattoos.
MacBook, Air Bags, and Sleeves.

iphonsteve4ajob

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2011
I bought the unusual and trim Acme case for my 11" Ultimate MBA. I love the form factor, but the case itself left unsightly black spots on the Wrapsol film I'd installed front and back.

To their credit, Wrapsol immediately replaced the product kit. So the problem is now gone until this summer.

I hope there are some good Acme products out there ... this one has a few drawbacks. Now I find myself wishing I'd just bought a more versatile Knomo and been content with it.

Curious...why do you think your ACME case bled color onto your Wrapsol film. I have the 13" ACME (no film on Air), no stains. I would think if the sleeves were that prone to bleeding I might also see some residual coloration on my case.

Just wondering incase I need to watch out for possible stains.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
There are already a lot of threads about sleeves and cases.

I use a normal crumplier bag (friday nylon) and in that bag I always use a sleeve.
I've got a Joli Originals for my 11", used it a lot and still love it!

11_brown_yellow_side_grande.jpg

There is also a topic about her sleeves here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1186480/

It's snug fit so it doesn't fall out, and the leather is really good quality, wouldn't want to drop it though, but it does protect against bumps. :)

And I've seen a good review two weeks ago that pretty much says what I think :)
http://theappleblog.com/joli-macbook-air-sleeve-review-luxury-meet-luxury/

Azathoth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
Any suggestions for the following?

Requirements:
*MBA13 only (no accessories)
*thin and light (say <300g / 10oz)
*zipper (no velcro, preferably no "flap" as this gives extra bulk), the "open" designs would allow dirt and crumbs from my rucksack to get into the openings of the MBA
*basically something like:

http://www.stmbags.com.au/catalog/neoprene-sleeves/glove-small-macbook-laptop-sleeve/

STM glove small MacBook laptop sleeve
but meant specifically for the Air.

Any suggestions? (availibility in Europe would be nice, but I guess I could purchase through Ebay if there isnt a local stock)

Last edited:

Bob Coxner

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
does anyone know of a vintage leather messenger bag that is at least 5" in depth? i have a 3" one and find it kinda small.

Check military surplus outlets online. Messenger bags were used in the military and I've seen some really nice ones at reasonable prices. Most will be made of canvas but there are some in leather.

Here's just one such site: http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display.asp?subdepartmentID=158

Here's a cool leather one: http://www.kosmil.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BAG1 It should work with an 11" MBA.

macrumorsuser10

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
My main bag is Jack Spade Laptop Messenger. Looks great, and very good quality as well.

And inside is Incase Nylon Sling Sleeve (Can be used by itself when I want to only carry my MBA11).

I love Jack Spade bags. Is that a waxwear bag? What's the exact model?

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
I don't have a sleeve as of yet, but I will be buying the bookbook I think... I'm pretty sure I will also be getting the suede sleeve from SFbags for when I want to just put it in my bag, and not have much bulk and when I only need scratch protection.

As for bags, I have 2 the first is for a Hard Graft 2Unfold bag used for every day to and from work/meetings. It is a beautiful bag!

2Unfold bag

Then the second is for short trips, and when I need to carry more then just my laptop and power cords. It is a Qwestion backpack. Again, it is a beautiful bag, and perfect for my needs.

Backpack

I like your taste even though I can't afford that stuff yet. I like the second one that has a separate compartment for clothes and your electronics. I often travel and end up putting some spare clothes, laptop, and iPad in the same compartment and it gets messy and too tight for comfort and easy access.

It seriously perplexes me how many people buy the BookBook case. It's so tacky and not tasteful imo. It seems to be popular among Macrumors members so sorry for hating but it blows my mind when I see Apple accessories that are that tacky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.