Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:32 AM   #101
optmi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan118 View Post
How long did it take for the case to arrive, ordered mine today ?
I received my untype case within a week. I didn't mind waiting though since it is handmade here in the USA (Support the states ) . You'll understand when you get it, amazingly well put together and money well spent.

I read a write-up about the girl who sews these herself. She's a half-swedish, half-japanese designer living in the US. My imagination runs wild

Which one did you get?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:06 AM   #102
timdafweak
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by optmi View Post
I keep saying I'm going to review my felt sleeve but I never seem to have time...stuck between catching up on Mad Men episodes on netflix, work and bar outings....so here goes:
--SNIP--
Thank you! Your review prompted me to order one as well. I placed the order yesterday, so I hope I'll have mine by the end of the month, even though some here got theirs in a week.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:24 AM   #103
sexytabitha
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikrox View Post
YES! Can you post a link to that? I dont mind having two.

Thanks, great review, i just ordered one in black.

Again, thanks for the great writeup review. and yes i have hate neoprenes
www.chinao-usa.com
sexytabitha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:57 PM   #104
optmi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdafweak View Post
Thank you! Your review prompted me to order one as well. I placed the order yesterday, so I hope I'll have mine by the end of the month, even though some here got theirs in a week.
I was just lucky with the timing. I'm pretty sure I got mine before untype became popular. Last week was the first time I saw someone else with one at my local starbucks here in NY.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:25 PM   #105
aryan118
macrumors member

Quote:
I received my untype case within a week. I didn't mind waiting though since it is handmade here in the USA (Support the states ) . You'll understand when you get it, amazingly well put together and money well spent.

I read a write-up about the girl who sews these herself. She's a half-swedish, half-japanese designer living in the US. My imagination runs wild

Which one did you get?
I ordered granite gary hoping to receive it soon...I was also thinking about zagg invisible shield whats ur take on it ?
aryan118 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:09 PM   #106
optmi
macrumors member

The MBA can take some big hits

Quote:
I ordered granite gary hoping to receive it soon...I was also thinking about zagg invisible shield whats ur take on it ?
Hi Aryan,

The granite case looks nice. I also thought about getting a skin for my MBA 13. I have one on my iphone 4, but had such a hard time placing the shield that I became bitter It can only help though.

I take the untype sleeve everywhere and it's basically enough to stop my MBA from being scratched in my bag. My messenger bag has everything from my iphone to my apartment keys in it which necessitated some kind of protection. I have absolutely abused my mac on my trips overseas and I'm sold on apple's build quality. I was in the plane a couple of weeks ago and I put my messenger back up above me with the macbook in the sleeve. When we took off, I heard a smack/scrunch...but of course, you can't take off your seatbelt and check (and be mistaken for a terrorist or just plain dangerous) which drove me crazy until we leveled out. So I get up and check. It was fine and even though that was the case, I will NEVER do that again. I can't even count the times someone has leaned their seat backwards and almost crunched my screen/hinge. That's a plus for the 11 inchers, they don't have that problem and I'm constantly looking at ipad users with envy. The 13 inch is just an inch too big for Delta/American flights.

Long story short, the MBA can take quite a beating as long as it's closed. Zagg shield is good but I think unnecessary if it's in a sleeve.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:56 PM   #107
StE823
macrumors newbie

Here's my crumpler sleeve for my 13", I'm a fan of their products especially their camera bags for my business...

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.
iPad 3 White 32gb

Last edited by annk; Sep 17, 2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: timg tags on large images
StE823 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:52 PM   #108
DesertSilver
macrumors regular

Just picked up this Timbuk2 bag. I've always been a fan of their stuff.

This bag is called the Quickie Netbook Case and got it from Best Buy for $50. It fits the 13" Air pretty well and has pockets in the front that will even fit the power brick. The inside has interesting "bubbles" that are soft (filled with air or maybe really soft foam). It's also got handles, which are tucked away in the pics, and a removable shoulder strap.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Last edited by annk; Sep 17, 2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: timg tags on large images
DesertSilver is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:56 AM   #109
BigSaintDogs
macrumors member

Tenba Mini Messenger

I have been using this bag and find it about perfect.

http://www.tenba.com/products/Messen...aptop-Bag.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tenba-mini-messenger.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	302626  
BigSaintDogs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:20 AM   #110
Adidas Addict
macrumors 65816

Highly recommend the STM Glove XS for 11" MBA owners. I received one today and it's really good. Lovely soft fur lining and a very good protective flap that prevents the zip from contacting the MBA. Size is almost perfect, a little (and I mean a little) more room than I thought it would have but by no means loose.

Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:32 AM   #111
msoravia
macrumors newbie

I bought a tucano second skin this very afternoon. Needed a new one since i just switched from an old 13' air to a new 11'.
I would definitely recommend it.
I can't swear on it, but i guess they're sold even abroad.

http://www.google.com/search?q=tucan...w=1277&bih=873
msoravia is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:36 AM   #112
Adidas Addict
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by msoravia View Post
I bought a tucano second skin this very afternoon. Needed a new one since i just switched from an old 13' air to a new 11'.
I would definitely recommend it.
I can't swear on it, but i guess they're sold even abroad.

http://www.google.com/search?q=tucan...w=1277&bih=873
I nearly bought one of those, but hated the writing and model etc on the front of the case. Nice apart from that.

Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:43 AM   #113
msoravia
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas Addict View Post
I nearly bought one of those, but hated the writing and model etc on the front of the case. Nice apart from that.

I see... But at least you know it perfectly fits your laptop
msoravia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:59 PM   #114
aryan118
macrumors member

Quote:
Hi Aryan,

The granite case looks nice. I also thought about getting a skin for my MBA 13. I have one on my iphone 4, but had such a hard time placing the shield that I became bitter It can only help though.

I take the untype sleeve everywhere and it's basically enough to stop my MBA from being scratched in my bag. My messenger bag has everything from my iphone to my apartment keys in it which necessitated some kind of protection. I have absolutely abused my mac on my trips overseas and I'm sold on apple's build quality. I was in the plane a couple of weeks ago and I put my messenger back up above me with the macbook in the sleeve. When we took off, I heard a smack/scrunch...but of course, you can't take off your seatbelt and check (and be mistaken for a terrorist or just plain dangerous) which drove me crazy until we leveled out. So I get up and check. It was fine and even though that was the case, I will NEVER do that again. I can't even count the times someone has leaned their seat backwards and almost crunched my screen/hinge. That's a plus for the 11 inchers, they don't have that problem and I'm constantly looking at ipad users with envy. The 13 inch is just an inch too big for Delta/American flights.

Long story short, the MBA can take quite a beating as long as it's closed. Zagg shield is good but I think unnecessary if it's in a sleeve.
I was thinking to put a carbon fibre skin on the base of my mba so that there r no scratches when i put it on a table or a hard surface now the questions are:

1. is it a good idea ?

2. will the skin cause over heating ? I doubt it but u never know...

--Aryan
Old Sep 16, 2011, 02:39 PM   #115
heydrew
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I was thinking to put a carbon fibre skin on the base of my mba so that there r no scratches when i put it on a table or a hard surface now the questions are:

1. is it a good idea ?

2. will the skin cause over heating ? I doubt it but u never know...

--Aryan
I have the black Carbon Fiber skin from iCarbons for my 13" 2011, coupled with a skin from GelaSkins, and I don't notice any increase in heating or fan noise. It definitely makes the computer easier to hold and cuts WAY down on scratches. I get a lot of questions about what type of computer I have or where I got the skins.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 02:48 PM   #116
aryan118
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydrew View Post
I have the black Carbon Fiber skin from iCarbons for my 13" 2011, coupled with a skin from GelaSkins, and I don't notice any increase in heating or fan noise. It definitely makes the computer easier to hold and cuts WAY down on scratches. I get a lot of questions about what type of computer I have or where I got the skins.
Thanks i will google it and try to order one of them, i need one for the base and nothing for the top...
Old Sep 16, 2011, 04:27 PM   #117
BigSaintDogs
macrumors member

I also installed a Speck shell. I have had great lucy with my MBP 17 with this cover and have the same results with the MBA speck cover.
BigSaintDogs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:33 PM   #118
dpgfunk
macrumors newbie

I was looking for an easy in/out sleeve in addition to scratch protection for my device. I opted for the Best Skins Ever shield + Incipio Orion sleeve. The fit is perfect, with the skin protecting the exposed areas. Skin ran me $23 shipped and the case $17 shipped.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Last edited by annk; Sep 17, 2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: timg tags on large images
dpgfunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:39 PM   #119
macrumorsuser10
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgfunk View Post
I was looking for an easy in/out sleeve in addition to scratch protection for my device. I opted for the Best Skins Ever shield + Incipio Orion sleeve. The fit is perfect, with the skin protecting the exposed areas. Skin ran me $23 shipped and the case $17 shipped.
How easy is it to pull the MacBook Air out of the Incipio Orion sleeve? Do you have to push or hold down the sleeve to pull it out?
macrumorsuser10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:57 PM   #120
dpgfunk
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrumorsuser10 View Post
How easy is it to pull the MacBook Air out of the Incipio Orion sleeve? Do you have to push or hold down the sleeve to pull it out?
You just need to slightly pinch the edge or corner and the laptop comes out with ease due to the microsuede inner lining. I see this as a plus for the sleeve as the laptop is fitted securely inside (ie. it will not slide out when holding the sleeve upside down).
dpgfunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:46 AM   #121
sexytabitha
Banned

heres a video review of the Chinao Reee MBA 11" SLEEVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6BkD_pKeS8

its synthetic leather but i guess he thinks its real, I'm waiting on the 13" red version. Got my son the 11" black one it is very nice.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:44 AM   #122
aeboi
macrumors 6502a

anyone know whether the Air WITH a speck shell would fit in the Chinao ?
aeboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 03:02 AM   #123
sexytabitha
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeboi View Post
anyone know whether the Air WITH a speck shell would fit in the Chinao ?
no i don't think so, my sons 11" fits real tight, i do imagine it will stretch a bit but i don't know how much,
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:17 AM   #124
DesertSilver
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgfunk View Post
Where did you pick up the the skin for $23 shipped? Their website has it for $27.99 + $2 shipping.
DesertSilver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:30 AM   #125
entatlrg
macrumors Demi-God

Lots of sleeve options here. My vote goes for the Joli leather sleeves from the Netherlands.

Now what about more Bag options?

What bags or backpacks are you all using?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Tags
bag, case, handbags, macbook air, purse, sleeve