Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 30, 2011, 04:38 AM   #1
SoldOnApple
macrumors member

New user, software to fill out weekly timesheet

Okay, so this is actually for my mother. She a MacBook also. Her boss sends her a .jpg scan of her timesheet. Each week she needs to fill it out and email it to the boss. She also has an iPad.

So what she should do is turn the .jpg into a PDF timesheet template, then each week open the template, fill it out and then export it again as a new PDF and email it to the boss. But which software is best for this if she wants to do it on her MB? And which software is best for the iPad? She doesn't want to pay anything, but if there is really useful software that she would otherwise grow to use often anyway, she would pay for it.

Something from the App Store or the Mac App store would be easiest for her. She also has a stylus for the iPad, but it's sort of a pain using a fat stylus on the low res screen.

I would recommend Goodreader with DropBox, but I don't know if that is the best way to do it. Or is it?

Thanks for any advice ^_^ Timesheets are not my thing, I have never needed to do it.
SoldOnApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:33 AM   #2
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Couldn't she create a template in Numbers or Excel, fill it out and then save it as a PDF and send it to her boss. Numbers is available for the Mac and iPad.

If she creates the template she can also use it and have it calculate the hours and everything. It shouldn't be that hard, either that or her boss could create the template the way they want it and all she has to do it fill in the blanks and send it back.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:22 AM   #3
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68020

If she has or opens a Gmail account, she could create the spreadsheet template in Google Docs. When she has it filled out, she can download it as a PDF.

All free.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:38 AM   #4
dangerfish
macrumors 6502

First of all, tell her boss to get with the program and quit sending her .jpg's. What a dolt! In the meantime, she can open the files in Preview or the excellent application, PDFPen. The latter is expensive but SO worth very penny if you have to work with a lot of PDF's. It even allows you to save your signature in the program and apply it to any document that you want. Anyways, she can use either program to open the jpg, apply text to the document, save it then send it back.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store