Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:29 AM   #1
shrome9
macrumors newbie

Remove Jailbreak - MY screen doesn't work

Hey guys, i installed iOS 5 beta 6 on my iPod 4, but it screwed stuff up so i downgraded to iOS 4.3.1, but with problems - when i turned off my iPod, it went into DFU mode, and only Redsn0w could wake it up (using boot tethered now, which is weird as the Jailbreak on 4.3.1 is untethered).

I used it for a while, and i locked it and kept it on my table. Barely a minute later, i tried to open it, but realized that the screen was screwed. (as voice control works)

Now, i need to remove the jailbreak somehow, but restoring/updating to 4.3.5 doesn't work. I keep getting an error 3194, on 3 PCs. The DFU problem still exists, and iTunes is no help. I can use iFunbox, and i think Cydia can be removed via the File Manager.

Please tell me how i can update my iPod to a clean iOS, or just remove CYDIA somehow. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS !!!
shrome9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Tech Elementz
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrome9 View Post
Hey guys, i installed iOS 5 beta 6 on my iPod 4, but it screwed stuff up so i downgraded to iOS 4.3.1, but with problems - when i turned off my iPod, it went into DFU mode, and only Redsn0w could wake it up (using boot tethered now, which is weird as the Jailbreak on 4.3.1 is untethered).

I used it for a while, and i locked it and kept it on my table. Barely a minute later, i tried to open it, but realized that the screen was screwed. (as voice control works)

Now, i need to remove the jailbreak somehow, but restoring/updating to 4.3.5 doesn't work. I keep getting an error 3194, on 3 PCs. The DFU problem still exists, and iTunes is no help. I can use iFunbox, and i think Cydia can be removed via the File Manager.

Please tell me how i can update my iPod to a clean iOS, or just remove CYDIA somehow. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS !!!
Have you tried pwned DFU mode to restore to 4.3.5?

How to Get Into PWNED DFU MODE

iPod Touch 4th Gen - iOS 4.3.5 Download

1st Fix For Error 3194
Tech Elementz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks