Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 30, 2011, 04:41 PM   #1
shujaat
macrumors newbie

Custom ipsw with RedSnow

Hello All,

I am trying to restore my iphone 4.3.3 OS. I turned my iphone into dfu mode and tried to restore it with "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw". But it failed due to some errors like 1600, 3194 etc. I bypassed 3194 these errors using TinyUmbrella. And for 1600 I downloaded a custom ipsw "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Custom_ACTIVATED_pwangetool4. 3.3.1" and used Redsnow to put my phone in pwned dfu mode and patch the kernel so that it bypasses the 1600 error.

But the problem is that I used all the versions of RedSnow 0.9.6 RC(15,16,17,18,19), all of these cannot recognize the custom ipsw. However it can recognize the original ipsw i.e. "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw". But when it patches its kernel and I SHIFT + Restore it in itunes everything goes fine and after a while it says error 1013 uknown error occured. And now my phone is permanently in dfu mode.

I am using MAC, and iREB is not available for mac that is why I am using RedSnow.

Anybody please help me in restoring its OS either original or Custom JailBroken.

TIA
shujaat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Redsnow never recognizes custom ipsw's.
Just stock.
You point it on the stock firmware, put it in pwned dfu and then open iTunes and restore using the custom firmware file.
Applejuiced is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:22 AM   #3
shujaat
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. It worked and now itunes restored my phone. At the end of restore itunes prompted that this phone is restored to factory settings and is restarting, leave it plugged in. But my device disconnected and it looked like its restarting and then itunes again said, this device is in recovery mode. So I think its still in dfu mode.

How to exit it from dfu? I tried Home + power button but it didnt work.

Thanks for helping me in restoring my device
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:05 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Try redoing the whole thing again.
Put it in "pwned" dfu with redsnow.
Then hold down shift/option and click restore on itunes then select the custom JB ipsw file.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2011, 05:32 PM   #5
shujaat
macrumors newbie

Hey finally I found out that I didn't save shsh blobs for 4.3.3, that is why its in dfu mode.

Any idea what should I do in order to get my device back except for upgrading it to latest firmware?

Which iOS is till singed by apple? and whats the significance of 74.208..... gs.apple.com in hosts file? Is it a fake server, so it should sign any ios?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujaat View Post
Hey finally I found out that I didn't save shsh blobs for 4.3.3, that is why its in dfu mode.

Any idea what should I do in order to get my device back except for upgrading it to latest firmware?

Which iOS is till singed by apple? and whats the significance of 74.208..... gs.apple.com in hosts file? Is it a fake server, so it should sign any ios?
No, its not a fake server and it doesnt sign any IOS.
You need shsh blobs to restore to any firmware but the current one out at the moment 4.3.5
Use Tinyumbrella to see what shsh blobs you have available if any, if you dont have any you cannot restore to any regural or custom IPSW's but the latest one.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks