Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Isle of Arran, UK
I'm running off an external boot drive in my spare time to set up my wife's iMac with a new hard disk. I'm getting it all ready so I can just drop the new drive into the iMac and my wife can carry on as if nothing had happened. Doing a migration isn't what I'm after - I want to do a fresh install of OS and apps.

So now I'm running from the external drive and want to move the Address Book and iCal data from the internal drive, oh, and the Stickies too if I can. I guess with iCloud this sort of thing won't be a problem any more, but until then...

So where is the Address Book and iCal data stored?

Thanks

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I'm running off an external boot drive in my spare time to set up my wife's iMac with a new hard disk. I'm getting it all ready so I can just drop the new drive into the iMac and my wife can carry on as if nothing had happened. Doing a migration isn't what I'm after - I want to do a fresh install of OS and apps.

So now I'm running from the external drive and want to move the Address Book and iCal data from the internal drive, oh, and the Stickies too if I can. I guess with iCloud this sort of thing won't be a problem any more, but until then...

So where is the Address Book and iCal data stored?

Thanks

I suggest you export from Address and iCal. You can then import on the next machine or HDD. I'm not sure where stickies are kept. I only had them briefly in a very very early version of Missing Sync before I woke up and got myself an iOS device. Stickies are backed up in your ~/Library folder (hidden in Lion) and the backup file is called StickiesDatabase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.