Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 2, 2011, 03:51 AM   #1
conald
macrumors newbie

30GB iPod Photo (4th Gen) says it has 16GB of Memory

I just fixed my old 30GB iPod (the hard drive had come loose, not a major repair). When I connected it to my mac iTunes said that it only had a 16.18GB capacity.
I figured that this might have been a problem from years of not being used or from opening it up so I did a restore, but it still says it only has half the capacity for memory. Does anyone know what might cause this/how to fix it? I've seen a couple other people posting complaints like this on other forums, but I haven't seen any answers.
conald is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:36 AM   #2
craigsharp
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to craigsharp
Quote:
Originally Posted by conald View Post
I just fixed my old 30GB iPod (the hard drive had come loose, not a major repair). When I connected it to my mac iTunes said that it only had a 16.18GB capacity.
I figured that this might have been a problem from years of not being used or from opening it up so I did a restore, but it still says it only has half the capacity for memory. Does anyone know what might cause this/how to fix it? I've seen a couple other people posting complaints like this on other forums, but I haven't seen any answers.

I remember years past, you could enable the older iPods to be used like an external hard drive through itunes. I don't know if that is possible anymore but may be worth a look to see if it is enabled. If that's not the case then you could attempt to do a full erase using disk utility. IDK other than that.
craigsharp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod