Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRocks2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I've had my MacBook Pro 13" for over 2 years now. I got the Bose Companion 3 speakers in November of 2010, and they have been nothing but amazing! I upgraded to Lion and I've noticed that sometimes the MacBook changes the balance all the way to the right. Then, I have to go into System Preferences to change the balance back. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks!

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've had my MacBook Pro 13" for over 2 years now. I got the Bose Companion 3 speakers in November of 2010, and they have been nothing but amazing! I upgraded to Lion and I've noticed that sometimes the MacBook changes the balance all the way to the right. Then, I have to go into System Preferences to change the balance back. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks!

Yes, this has happened to me, but in reverse. It used to happen in Snow Leopard when I would listen to music or watch a video and I would unplug the headphones but would plug them back in shortly afterwards. I think it also happened to me once in Lion v10.7.0. It seems to have been fixed in 10.7.1 or, at least, it hasn't happened to me since the last update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.