Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 4, 2011, 01:42 PM   #1
gEeKy
macrumors newbie

Question iPhone 5 To Support Flash?

As you know, Apple has become infamous for not supporting flash. However there is a possibility that Safari will support flash on the iPhone 5, just like it does on the Mac or Windows versions. Just saying. Do you think it will display flash? If not, why?
gEeKy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 01:46 PM   #2
gadget123
macrumors 68000

No it won't have flash and the reasons are well documented.

It's not part of IOS5 so it definatley won't come to the iPhone. If it did the IPad would make better use of it due to a larger screen.
gadget123 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Elweezy
macrumors regular

I feel strongly that it is going have flash.
Elweezy is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Kentochan
macrumors 6502

Nah, Flash on iOS devices isn't about whether its the latest iteration of the device, but rather the relationship between Apple and Adobe. The hardware can handle Flash, but Apple isn't going to let it do that.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:42 PM   #5
gEeKy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentochan View Post
Nah, Flash on iOS devices isn't about whether its the latest iteration of the device, but rather the relationship between Apple and Adobe. The hardware can handle Flash, but Apple isn't going to let it do that.
It's weird though. You are able to purchase some Adobe products on the Apple Store.
gEeKy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:11 PM   #6
takezo808
macrumors member

Flash aint all that.

I turned to the dark side for a while in aiding my parents on getting two Android based Samsung Galaxy S 4g phones. These phones support Flash. However flash eats up battery life big time. It runs slow. The Galaxy S uses same Iphone 4 ARM Hardware.

Flash has not been optimized for mobile support. Most non mobile sites that rely heavily on flash will lag to crap. Mobile optimized sites operate without flash.

Flash is not secure. There are a lot of security holes in flash. Android users know all to well how flash based malware can be just as nasty as it's PC counter parts.

Application platform. flash can be used as an application platform which can bypass Apple's Conditions it requires for apps to be distrobuted on the app store. This leads to low quality apps.
takezo808 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 02:33 AM   #7
TM WAZZA
macrumors 68000

I agree. I had the Galaxy S2, while Flash videos ran smooth it was indeed a battery hog. Which meant I limited myself to using it which defeats the purpose because I couldn't enjoy the feature.
TM WAZZA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 03:36 PM   #8
Harvey Specter
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentochan View Post
Unless you jailbreak your phone

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups