Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Regez
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Stuck in respring.

Hi there everybody, I installed the app "Display Recorder" and when I clicked "restart springboard" in Cydia it re-springed, and just kept on re-springing and did not stop. I put my device into DFU mode until it ran out of battery then I booted it with redsn0w 4.3.5, and it is still re-springing! I will put my device into DFU mode again. Any help would be great, Regez.
Regez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:21 PM   #2
macingman
macrumors 68020
 
macingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regez View Post
Hi there everybody, I installed the app "Display Recorder" and when I clicked "restart springboard" in Cydia it re-springed, and just kept on re-springing and did not stop. I put my device into DFU mode until it ran out of battery then I booted it with redsn0w 4.3.5, and it is still re-springing! I will put my device into DFU mode again. Any help would be great, Regez.
Uninstall display recorder.
__________________
I am a professional DJ
macingman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Regez
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ok sounds good, but I cant even get into Cydia
Regez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Jimbouie
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I created an account to this website just because I had the EXACT same issue as you and found a solution. You must download a program called DiskAid. Once that is installed, you go into your root folder, then Library, then MobileSubstrates, then DynamicLibraries, then delete the item called DisplayRecorder.dylib
This should bring it out of the loop and let you back into your system
Jimbouie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Regez
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ok I will give that a shot, thanks Jim!
Regez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:38 AM   #6
sammy0025
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Thanks a lot, this is another user who used your method and solved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbouie View Post
I created an account to this website just because I had the EXACT same issue as you and found a solution. You must download a program called DiskAid. Once that is installed, you go into your root folder, then Library, then MobileSubstrates, then DynamicLibraries, then delete the item called DisplayRecorder.dylib
This should bring it out of the loop and let you back into your system
Thanks Jim!!! I was just afraid that I had to restore or something. But now no more! Thanks a lot and this fixed my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5. I am ALSO another person trying to use Display Recorder. Thanks a lot again for your fantastic fix!
sammy0025 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 06:15 AM   #7
Winobie
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wilts UK
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0025 View Post
Thanks Jim!!! I was just afraid that I had to restore or something. But now no more! Thanks a lot and this fixed my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5. I am ALSO another person trying to use Display Recorder. Thanks a lot again for your fantastic fix!
Excellent, thanks. Audio recorder had mine in a pickle (ios5.1)
This got it going again, I just needed that folder directory and deleted the files through Phoneview app for Mac.
Winobie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 07:55 AM   #8
cobbyco
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regez View Post
Hi there everybody, I installed the app "Display Recorder" and when I clicked "restart springboard" in Cydia it re-springed, and just kept on re-springing and did not stop. I put my device into DFU mode until it ran out of battery then I booted it with redsn0w 4.3.5, and it is still re-springing! I will put my device into DFU mode again. Any help would be great, Regez.
Provided the tweak/app supports mobile substrate, holding the volume up key during a respring/reboot will disable all tweaks. Then you can uninstall it from Cydia.

Try this if you or anyone else has this problem again.
cobbyco is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! iPhone stuck in Connect to iTunes Loop Coolio-Alert Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Mar 26, 2012 02:23 PM
What are my options? (Jailbroken iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 stuck in iTunes recovery mode) MichaelVick iPhone 0 Nov 20, 2011 05:47 AM
iPhone 3G stuck in restore mode? Adam-Jobs iPhone 0 Sep 6, 2011 03:33 PM
A Possible Fix For DFU Loops in iPhone 4 and iPod Touch mooodey iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Aug 9, 2011 05:56 PM
HELP! Stuck on respring after manually changing font!!!! petrina520 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 4 Jan 18, 2009 01:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC