Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Regez
macrumors newbie

Stuck in respring.

Hi there everybody, I installed the app "Display Recorder" and when I clicked "restart springboard" in Cydia it re-springed, and just kept on re-springing and did not stop. I put my device into DFU mode until it ran out of battery then I booted it with redsn0w 4.3.5, and it is still re-springing! I will put my device into DFU mode again. Any help would be great, Regez.
Regez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:21 PM   #2
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regez View Post
Hi there everybody, I installed the app "Display Recorder" and when I clicked "restart springboard" in Cydia it re-springed, and just kept on re-springing and did not stop. I put my device into DFU mode until it ran out of battery then I booted it with redsn0w 4.3.5, and it is still re-springing! I will put my device into DFU mode again. Any help would be great, Regez.
Uninstall display recorder.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Regez
macrumors newbie

Ok sounds good, but I cant even get into Cydia
Old Sep 4, 2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Jimbouie
macrumors newbie

I created an account to this website just because I had the EXACT same issue as you and found a solution. You must download a program called DiskAid. Once that is installed, you go into your root folder, then Library, then MobileSubstrates, then DynamicLibraries, then delete the item called DisplayRecorder.dylib
This should bring it out of the loop and let you back into your system
Jimbouie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Regez
macrumors newbie

Ok I will give that a shot, thanks Jim!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:38 AM   #6
sammy0025
macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot, this is another user who used your method and solved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbouie View Post
I created an account to this website just because I had the EXACT same issue as you and found a solution. You must download a program called DiskAid. Once that is installed, you go into your root folder, then Library, then MobileSubstrates, then DynamicLibraries, then delete the item called DisplayRecorder.dylib
This should bring it out of the loop and let you back into your system
Thanks Jim!!! I was just afraid that I had to restore or something. But now no more! Thanks a lot and this fixed my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5. I am ALSO another person trying to use Display Recorder. Thanks a lot again for your fantastic fix!
sammy0025 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 06:15 AM   #7
Winobie
macrumors newbie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0025 View Post
Thanks Jim!!! I was just afraid that I had to restore or something. But now no more! Thanks a lot and this fixed my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5. I am ALSO another person trying to use Display Recorder. Thanks a lot again for your fantastic fix!
Excellent, thanks. Audio recorder had mine in a pickle (ios5.1)
This got it going again, I just needed that folder directory and deleted the files through Phoneview app for Mac.
Winobie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 07:55 AM   #8
cobbyco
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regez View Post
Provided the tweak/app supports mobile substrate, holding the volume up key during a respring/reboot will disable all tweaks. Then you can uninstall it from Cydia.

Try this if you or anyone else has this problem again.
cobbyco is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch