Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

che_theking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
I couldn't find the answer to my query in the forums so here goes.

I own both a 12" PowerBook and a Mac Mini and will be purchasing a Tiger as soon as I get enough money. What I want to know is if I only need to go one copy of Tiger to use on both macs, or do I need a multi-licence one?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm relatively new to Macs.

Cheers

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
You need the Family Pack... installing a single licence version on two machines is possible but in violence of the EULA, even if you're the main (or only) user on both machines and/or only use one at the time...

We been over this a couple of times, and it should be possible to find the answer if you'd searched...

Deej

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
UK
che_theking said:
I couldn't find the answer to my query in the forums so here goes.

I own both a 12" PowerBook and a Mac Mini and will be purchasing a Tiger as soon as I get enough money. What I want to know is if I only need to go one copy of Tiger to use on both macs, or do I need a multi-licence one?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm relatively new to Macs.

Cheers

Hiya

I asked this question too, and the general concensus was that I'd need to buy the family pack version, which unlike with Windows I'm quite happy to do.

Besides, it doesn't actually work out to be *that* much more expensive... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.