Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puzzlemuse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
a file is somehow stuck in my Places in sidebar. i cannot drag it out, in fact i deleted the file, and emptied the trash, and nothing happens when i just click on it. i can pick it up, and drag it to somewhere in finder like whatever fodler is open, or to desktop, but it just pops right back. i opened preferences but the name of the file doesnt appear in the list. help!

Last edited:

cactus33

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
a file is somehow stuck in my Places in sidebar. i cannot drag it out, in fact i deleted the file, and emptied the trash, and nothing happens when i just click on it. i can pick it up, and drag it to somewhere in finder like whatever fodler is open, or to desktop, but it just pops right back. i opened preferences but the name of the file doesnt appear in the list. help!

I had the same problem recently, and I think if you click Command (or maybe control) as you drag the file off the sidebar, then it should poof away!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.