Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:02 PM   #1
3bs
macrumors 603
 
3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Dropbox file/folder sync status icons gone

Back in Snow Leopard the items in folders in the Dropbox folder and also the subfolders had icons on them show to show whether they were syncing or synced. But in Lion they're gone. Are we ever gonna get those back in a future update? I kinda liked them

Last edited by 3bs; Jul 25, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:09 PM   #2
OllyW
Moderator
 
OllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Black Country, England
I've still got them on Lion...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-09-05 at 18.07.47.png
Views:	75
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	301572
__________________
Some Apple stuff
Some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/disco-tramps
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:14 PM   #3
3bs
Thread Starter
macrumors 603
 
3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyW View Post
I've still got them on Lion...

Attachment 301572
I don't know how or why, but after seeing your photo I went into preferences to see if a box was unchecked or something but I didn't see any options to change that so I closed preferences and somehow the icons I'm talking about appeared for the first time since upgrading to Lion! So thank you I guess
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:22 PM   #4
AAPLaday
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester UK
Black (country) magic
AAPLaday is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:26 PM   #5
3bs
Thread Starter
macrumors 603
 
3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyW View Post
I've still got them on Lion...

Attachment 301572
So this issue is back. Might have been caused by the Mountain Lion upgrade but I'm not sure. Also, when I click on files in the Public folder there's no Dropbox option so I can copy a public link to the folder. Any ideas? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:08 PM   #6
thephased
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
So this issue is back. Might have been caused by the Mountain Lion upgrade but I'm not sure. Also, when I click on files in the Public folder there's no Dropbox option so I can copy a public link to the folder. Any ideas? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice.
I had this issue as well after upgrading to Mountain Lion.

Dropbox has an experimental build that works with ML here:

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=64819

After installing that version over my previous version, the Dropbox indicators in Finder show up again.

I'm still trying to find a solution for the status indicators in Google Drive.

It looks like Google is working on an update for ML as well:

http://productforums.google.com/foru...ve/eSOTlrEuQHc
thephased is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:17 PM   #7
3bs
Thread Starter
macrumors 603
 
3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephased View Post
I had this issue as well after upgrading to Mountain Lion.

Dropbox has an experimental build that works with ML here:

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=64819

After installing that version over my previous version, the Dropbox indicators in Finder show up again.

I'm still trying to find a solution for the status indicators in Google Drive.

It looks like Google is working on an update for ML as well:

http://productforums.google.com/foru...ve/eSOTlrEuQHc
Thanks a lot! Fixed both my issues but for the sync status icons it works in all View types except Icons.

I don't use Google Drive but I might check it out later. Why do you use both? pros/cons?
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:29 PM   #8
thephased
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
Thanks a lot! Fixed both my issues but for the sync status icons it works in all View types except Icons.

I don't use Google Drive but I might check it out later. Why do you use both? pros/cons?
No Problem! Glad I could help.

I am able to see status symbols in Icon view. They work in all Finder views for me.

I use both because I like certain aspects of each. Dropbox is great for everything, but Google Drive has better document/file sharing capabilities. Drive is nice if you need to collaborate with people on a document or need to access and edit files in a browser.

I tend to put my text documents on Google Drive and put everything else on Dropbox.
thephased is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Better than dropbox! perfect for Macbook Air. Free 6.6 gigs of synced storage! SpiffyChee MacBook Air 44 Dec 13, 2011 03:18 PM
Dropbox allows you to download unsupported files from iPhone safari to dropbox?!? iansilv iPhone 3 May 30, 2011 09:44 AM
DropBox Uses danest Community Discussion 31 Feb 2, 2011 02:59 PM
Twirlbox - blatant rip off of Dropbox? hakuin Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Jan 29, 2011 02:57 AM
Dropbox users: iPad -> Dropbox (solution) MisterEd iPad 16 Jun 17, 2010 10:48 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC