Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:21 AM   #1
adder7712
macrumors 68000

Apps no longer work after update

My dad has an old iPhone 3G. It's no longer used as a phone and my sister uses it only to run apps. I updated it to iOS 4.2.1 from iOS 4.1 and all 3rd-party applications no longer work. I synced it with my MacBook but the iPhone was synced on my dad's old work laptop but the laptop was returned to my dad's employer and he has since received a new one (unfortunately, the newer laptop is from a different employer and I don't think my dad transferred files from the old laptop) so I don't have access to the "original" computer that it was synced with.

Will the delete/install application trick work with this or I have to authorise my computer with my dad's Apple ID (all apps are purchased via that account)?

Or, if I use my own Apple ID and download a free app...will it work with that too?

Last edited by adder7712; Sep 7, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
adder7712 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:44 AM   #2
adder7712
macrumors 68000

Ignore the OP...

I got my dad to download an app update, fixed the problem, all apps open normally.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting