Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:33 PM   #1
h4mza
macrumors 6502

How to find out what network my iPhone is on?

I have iPhone 3GS not sure what network, i only have o2 and 3 sim card, i tried both but 3 sim shows no service and o2 sim does not show anything but just one bar then i tried both sims in my other sony ericsson phone but the 3 sim card seems to not work at all but o2 sim card does. Does this mean my iPhone will not work on o2 and is locked? The iPhone has also not been registered yet cos its new.
h4mza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Geckotek
macrumors G3

How long did you wait after inserting the sim? I found that mine took a couple of mintues to register on the network when changing sims back and forth. In the meantime it showed one bar.
Geckotek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:46 PM   #3
bobbytallant
macrumors 6502

You could give apple a call and quote the serial number and they will tell you.

If it shows O2 but no signal - I don't want to scare you but the phone could be network blocked. Or the sim is no longer active. It would not show O2 at all if it was on another network (unless it was unlocked).
Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:53 PM   #4
h4mza
macrumors 6502

Well i have another iPhone which is unlocked and i put the o2 sim in there and it showed as O2 straightway, but this new iPhone shows one bar
h4mza is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone