Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Ok so my dad has an iPhone 4 that he bought in May. The phone is in a case but the anntenna issue has gotten unbearable. He uses the phone for buisness and cant use the phone anymore. On the other hand my Moms iphone 4 does not have this issue. We where going to take the phone to apple but then he dropped the phone and now the phone appears to be bent. Do you think apple will take it back? http://www.facebook.com/pages/iphone/285864778097253?sk=photos

AnthonyHarris

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2009
Cambridge, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Short answer would be no.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
They might replace it for you once if you've never had one replaced by them before. You'd just have to go to the store and ask for yourself.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I have read numerous threads where people have asked if Apple would replace it and people would always reply saying "they did me a favor and replaced my phone and told me they'd only do it once", etc.

Just go to an Apple store and ask, you never know.

tomtom101

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2011
Ok... How did that happen?? No offence intended here, but its kinda funny... And it still works??! hahahaah

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
how the hell did it bend?!
I said it fell on a tile floor
Gotta have a pic of a bent phone... :eek:
I put up two pics of the bent iphone, later I will put some up with a comparisan with another iphone 4
WTF? And that didn't break the screen? :confused:
No, it did not break the screen, although on the side light bleeds through
Ok... How did that happen?? No offence intended here, but its kinda funny... And it still works??! hahahaah
Yes, it is fully functional (other then the anntena issue, but that was from before)
I have read numerous threads where people have asked if Apple would replace it and people would always reply saying "they did me a favor and replaced my phone and told me they'd only do it once", etc.

Just go to an Apple store and ask, you never know.
I am going to go to apple today thanks.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I said it fell on a tile floor

Where in this thread did you say that? I don't see it. :confused:

A simple fall shouldn't have bent it like that. It would have had to fall on like a pencil or something then be wedged on one end and stepped on the other end to bend it like that.

I don't buy the "it fell on the floor" bit. But whatever, it makes no difference to me.

And to reiterate what the others have said, no Apple will not take it back or replace it due to physical damage. You can ask, be polite, but don't hold your breath.

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
it seems impossible for this kind of bend to happen because it fell. The way the phone is structured, it would take a lot more force than that which can be generated by the velocity of it's weight.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Yes it may get replaced depending on what store you go to. I was freaking out about the bent case especially because the screen was coming out but I had Accidental Damage warranty so it wasn't as big of an issue as it may be for you. However the GENIUS member that I spoke to said that the iPhone shouldn't be that way (i'm assuming he meant that if it dropped the antenna shouldn't bent). So if they replaced it for me then I would give it a go.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Take it to Apple and see what they say. Sometimes they will replace a broken iPhone. My daughter recently dropped her 3GS and broke the screen. She took it to the Apple store and they replaced it without charging her. Not saying it will work in your case, but it can't hurt to ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.