Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Silverbird0000
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Silverbird0000
Duplicate playlist on iPhone with iTunes Match

After the change over to iTunes Match on my iPhone, I now have 3 and 4 of the same playlist on my iPhone. Only one of the entries has any music in it, the others are empty, but I can't delete them. I have removed iTunes Match from my iPhone and re-added, but that only made it worse by duplicating the playlist once again!
Silverbird0000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Tonewheel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird0000 View Post
After the change over to iTunes Match on my iPhone, I now have 3 and 4 of the same playlist on my iPhone. Only one of the entries has any music in it, the others are empty, but I can't delete them. I have removed iTunes Match from my iPhone and re-added, but that only made it worse by duplicating the playlist once again!
It happens. You can fix it to pre-iTunes Match provided you have backups. Time Machine would be a good start. Go into your time machine disc and navigate to your iTunes music folder and restore the Library file from a pre-Match back up. Put that Library file in your current iTunes folder and restart iTunes.

Know that nothing is hosed. Your music is still there, and this is simply a big inconvenience...nothing more. Good luck.
Tonewheel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Silverbird0000
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonewheel View Post
It happens. You can fix it to pre-iTunes Match provided you have backups. Time Machine would be a good start. Go into your time machine disc and navigate to your iTunes music folder and restore the Library file from a pre-Match back up. Put that Library file in your current iTunes folder and restart iTunes.

Know that nothing is hosed. Your music is still there, and this is simply a big inconvenience...nothing more. Good luck.
Ok, thank you. I do have a Time Machine backup from a pre-iTunes Match time. I will try that tonight.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Silverbird0000
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

So I did this last night, I restored all the library files, not the actual music files, just the files that tell iTunes whats there. It fixed all the messed up playlist. But now, when I turn iCloud on, the iCloud icon does not show up next to my Library in iTunes. The other thing is now on my iPhone, when I turn iTunes Match on, all my music shows up, but now instead of mulitple playlist, I have none, and can't get them to show up. Anyone else have any ideas or having the same problem? This beta is definately VERY buggy.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Tonewheel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird0000 View Post
So I did this last night, I restored all the library files, not the actual music files, just the files that tell iTunes whats there. It fixed all the messed up playlist. But now, when I turn iCloud on, the iCloud icon does not show up next to my Library in iTunes. The other thing is now on my iPhone, when I turn iTunes Match on, all my music shows up, but now instead of mulitple playlist, I have none, and can't get them to show up. Anyone else have any ideas or having the same problem? This beta is definately VERY buggy.
I agree, it is extremely buggy and I refuse to use it for now. It's the only piece of the beta iOS offerings that I refuse to use. My take is that the software is fairly well sussed out, but they're having big time debugging issues on the server side. My personal advice is to leave iTunes Match off until it comes out of beta.
Tonewheel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:08 PM   #6
Silverbird0000
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I agree, it is extremely buggy and I refuse to use it for now. It's the only piece of the beta iOS offerings that I refuse to use. My take is that the software is fairly well sussed out, but they're having big time debugging issues on the server side. My personal advice is to leave iTunes Match off until it comes out of beta.
I agree. I have stopped using iTunes Match and will continue once it's more stable. I have not had very many issues with Apple's beta software, but this is really bad!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services