Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

throner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
I know this has been posted before, but I've searched through both the forums and on Google, going through post after post not finding a solution.

I just got a new MBP from my university and it could easily smoke my last laptop, an HP EliteBook. This is also my first Mac so I'm still learning the ins and outs.

I've been using FL Studio for years so I can't just ditch it outright (however much I'd like to now that I have GarageBand and can get Logic) because of all my projects. My actual problem is that after installing FL Studio, I can't get ASIO to work. The primary sound driver crackles and CPU stays right around 80 or 90 - even with the buffer maxxed.

I've updated the sound card driver, installed Windows Updates, updated Boot Camp to 3.3, but none of this has solved my issue. When I open the ASIO control panel in the FL settings, no devices are displayed.

Yea, yea, I know Macs have Core audio. But from what I've read, many people use FL's ASIO in Boot Camp with no problems. I'm sure I've missed a couple details of what I've actually tried here, but I'm just kind of sick of having this problem. I wish I could dump Windows entirely but I have too many projects to finish in, or at least export from, FL.

MacBook Pro:
Core i5 2.30 GHz
4 GB of RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Let me know if you need any other information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.