Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruthjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
I personally think it would be great if the settings in IOS5 allowed us to specify different icloud accounts for different apps, specially where people share itunes accounts but not mail etc.

I know it is'nt realistic, but how cool would it be if the capability to handle multiple itunes accounts was built in. If it could check from all accounts which apps need updating and give one password screen where you could enter passwords for each account required and it could do the lot, instead of prompting for different passwords constantly. And if you had multiple store accounts linked then when you made a purchase it gave a screen with a similar type form but you just had to enter the password that matched the account you wanted to purchase from. Another dream, an "auto log out after update etc" setting, sometimes I log in to update apps etc and if I forget to go back into settings, store, apple id, log out, then the credit card bill takes a hit from the kids buying apps. Yes I know, I'm lazy lol.

Particularly for those who have a business issued ipad where the company needs to have some things automatically pushed to issued devices, but in reality it means that you have to log out of your home account and into the work account.

Will it be possible to prevent some apps from automatically icloud syncing to other devices? Personally, I would love if it could be set so that say my daughter's ipad received copies of the family photostream, but I dont really want to get bombarded with a zillion photos of her friends!

I wish there was a way to lock certain apps from being opened, like mail etc, currently, my 4 year old loves playing with my iphone, but I tell you what, I might be tempted to ban it if I get one more youtube clip of Thomas the **** tank engine via email! Or when my special needs kids go to school and the teacher rings me to tell me that one of them keeps closing the communication app and changing to angry birds! Other than banning the game completely (lots of fun with asd fixated children) or uninstalling each morning and reinstalling in the afternoon, what are my choices?

Sorry I sound so useless and self focussed.
Ruth

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.