Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 8, 2014, 09:30 PM   #1
brentg33
macrumors 6502

iDVD Mavericks

Hi all
I have a late 2013 iMac running the latest version of Mavericks
I believe i successfully installed iDVD from an iLife '11 disk and updated it to 7.1.2 from apples support site
I able to start Magic dvd (as I just want to put a copy of a movie on dvd for a friend)
When I try to choose a different quality to make it fit on a single layer dvd. It starts making menus but fails at conversion.
I checked console and all I saw was that the thread was burning cpu. While I have some understanding of what that means. Is that very bad?
Any suggestions on how to get iDVD to work ?
I guess I can try a dl dvd
brentg33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 09:49 AM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentg33 View Post
Any suggestions on how to get iDVD to work ?
Try different media. Blank DVD media are notoriously device-dependent. You must find the media that works reliably with your specific combination of burner and player. Just because one line of blanks works with your iMac and your friend's superdrive on his Windows PC does not mean that the same media will work with your MacBook and set top DVD player. You must find the media that works for your specific combination. There is no way to predict this in advance. This can be determined only by experimentation. The recommendation is to start with top line media. If it works, then try progressively cheaper media until you reach a line that fails.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 09:52 AM   #3
brentg33
macrumors 6502

actually idvd isn't even getting to the burning stage. it seems to be failing when trying to convert the actual video file to a different quality (to try and make it fit on a single layer dvd)
brentg33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store