Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshm12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
i recently started to add music on to my classic, it was only used for tv shows and movies before. When syncing everything was fine, until i selected my favourite artist. When selecting Music -> Artists -> Example1 it presents me with all the artists albums except there are hundreds of albums. For example, there are 30 albums for this artist (live stuff), the first 8 are fine but after that all other albums are showing up to 13 of the same album. When i select one of the albums it shows all of the tracks from that album, when i select another album the same as the previous, it has the same tracks but there not taking up anymore disk space so there not being duplicated. Each album is shown to how many tracks there is, so if album 1 has 13 track, it shows the same album 13 time and if album 2 has 9 tracks, it shows that album 9 times under the Music -> Artists -> Example1 folder. I have 2 other iPods (nano, touch) and these 2 don't have this problem.

I have tried a restore but that didn't work.

It's not that easy to explain but can you please help.

This is what it looks like:

Album1
Album2
Album3
Album4
Album4
Album4
Album4
Album4
Album4
Album4
Album4
Album5
Album5
Album5
Album5
Album5
Album5
Album5
Album5
Album5
etc
each album with the same tracks as the last

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.