Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Stoferr
macrumors newbie

Dark spot in iPhone 4 camera?

Hi, for some reason a dark permanent spot has occurred in my iPhone 4 camera and all the pictures i take with it.

Let me show 2 screenshots:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/IMG_0154.png
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/IMG_0155.png

As you can see, theres a small dark spot in the lower left corner, it really bugs me!

Now I would like to know if it is hardware related or software related? Might it be a defective camera? I first thought it was due to a small scratch on the camera lens, but when doing a bit of search, lots of people have scratches on their lenses without messing up the picture quality. So might it be a software related issue after alle, and does anyone know of a solution?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Stoferr; Sep 14, 2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Forgot the pictures, lol
Stoferr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Kyotoma
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoferr View Post
Hi, for some reason a dark permanent spot has occurred in my iPhone 4 camera and all the pictures i take with it.

Let me show 2 screenshots:

As you can see, theres a small dark spot in the lower left corner, it really bugs me!

Now I would like to know if it is hardware related or software related? Might it be a defective camera? I first thought it was due to a small scratch on the camera lens, but when doing a bit of search, lots of people have scratches on their lenses without messing up the picture quality. So might it be a software related issue after alle, and does anyone know of a solution?

Thank you very much!
You forgot to attach the images.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Stoferr
macrumors newbie

Done
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:03 AM   #4
Stoferr
macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Are there really no one who have seen this error before?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:49 AM   #5
jekyoo
macrumors 6502

Just go to Apple, they'll easily give you a replacement. I've gotten replacements for more minor issues.
jekyoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:13 PM   #6
Fuchal
macrumors 68000

My camera did this after dropping my phone on the sidewalk. Swapping the camera module fixed it - it's a hardware issue with the camera.
Fuchal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting