Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I got my brand new Air yesterday from the Amazon deal. I used migration assistant on it overnight, it was fine when I opened it this morning. I closed it up and went to work, and now it's completely unresponsive. The magsafe is lit up so I know that's not the issue, but it simply won't turn on or give any response at all. I tried everything on the Apple troubleshooting page including resetting the SMC, is there anything else I can do or am I doomed to the genius bar?

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
I got my brand new Air yesterday from the Amazon deal. I used migration assistant on it overnight, it was fine when I opened it this morning. I closed it up and went to work, and now it's completely unresponsive. The magsafe is lit up so I know that's not the issue, but it simply won't turn on or give any response at all. I tried everything on the Apple troubleshooting page including resetting the SMC, is there anything else I can do or am I doomed to the genius bar?

call apple care? you might not need to go to the store they may ship u one.

Bartt3002

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2011

Have u tried resetting the PRAM, worked for me .
good luck! always annoying when something brand new isent working the way its suppose to work.:)

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Well, my fiancé brought it in to the genius bar for me today and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it either, so they just replaced it with a new one. Very strange, but I'm happy it's resolved!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.