Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rgarcia1801

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hi,

I am not new to mac devices but I am not an expert neither. I have seen here a lot of awesome setups and though I could use some help.

Here is what I have:

Airport Extreme with 1 TB Hard Drive
Apple TV - Bedroom
Macbook Pro 2008 - Snow Leopard
Macbook Pro 2011 (business)
2 iPads
Living room -- nothing

I currently have my macbook08 pointing to my iTunes library stored on my hard drive but I am having issues because every time the pc looses connection to the apple extreme it remove the Library path.

I was thinking about purchasing an SSD and the video adapter to connect my mac08 in my living room to my TV. Also a firewire drive to store my iTunes library in there. Eventually I want to buy a mac mini to have it the way I want it.

What do you guys think? I am open to suggestions.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
I think by the time you purchase an SSD and video adapter + the necessary cabling you should have just bought a mini. Its a much more elegant and reliable solution. I have my Mini connected to a large array of storage and an ATV in my living room. Its the best way to go.

merman637

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2002
Oklahoma City, Ok
airport

Hi,

I am not new to mac devices but I am not an expert neither. I have seen here a lot of awesome setups and though I could use some help.

Here is what I have:

Airport Extreme with 1 TB Hard Drive
Apple TV - Bedroom
Macbook Pro 2008 - Snow Leopard
Macbook Pro 2011 (business)
2 iPads
Living room -- nothing

I currently have my macbook08 pointing to my iTunes library stored on my hard drive but I am having issues because every time the pc looses connection to the apple extreme it remove the Library path.

I was thinking about purchasing an SSD and the video adapter to connect my mac08 in my living room to my TV. Also a firewire drive to store my iTunes library in there. Eventually I want to buy a mac mini to have it the way I want it.

What do you guys think? I am open to suggestions.

FWIW, I have had 2 extremes and have 3 express's. I no longer use the extremes. They constantly had connection issues with my atv.

I now have a netgear, that has had 0 problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.