Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Belkin today introduced three new iPad accessories designed for use in the kitchen.

FUL1_F50L99_28333-APPL.jpg

The first is the Chef Stand + Stylus. The Chef Stand is similar to other stands, with the advantage that it is designed to get dirty and can be washed in warm soapy water. The stand, which can be used in concert with other iPad cases, allows chefs to follow recipes et al. It can be used with the iPad 1 or 2.

The Chef Stand + Stylus is $39.99.

kitchenmount.jpg

Next, Belkin introduced a Fridge Mount for iPad 2 -- though it can really be used to mount the iPad to anything. It mounts on the fridge using 3M Command Strips -- basically double-sided mounting tape -- and then uses the iPad 2's built-in Smart Cover magnets to hold it in place. The mount works with the iPad 2 only.

The Fridge Mount for iPad 2 is $39.99.

undercabinetmount.jpg

Finally, the company introduced an easy-installation under-cabinet mount for the iPad. The mount uses a clamp to any cabinet or shelf and holds the iPad in place, off the counter and out of the way. The under-cabinet mount works with any 7-10" tablet.

The Kitchen Cabinet Mount is $49.99.

Article Link: Belkin Introduces 3 iPad Kitchen Accessories

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I wonder what too so long! The iPad is perfect for holding recipes and finding new ones. I use it all the time in the kitchen.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Fridge mount + eyetv or tbs app or TNT app or NBC app or iTunes movies = awesomeness.

A lot better then the built in TV's.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
That wall mount looks great..... especially for watching cooking videos on how to make something..... I'm not sure about the stand. My sister was using the iPad to view a recipe while making cupcakes..... she splattered batter on the iPad...... **shudders**

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2006
These make me want to buy an iPad now instead of waiting for the next incarnation.

For kitchen purposes, get a used original iPad.

I've already decided that our current iPad 2 is getting a permanent place in our kitchen as a cooking and entertainment device (paired with AirPlay speakers) when the new high res iPad comes out.

Honestly though for this purpose, an always plugged in original iPad would work just fine.

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
It has a home button, a dock connector, and appears to say "iPad" in the upper left corner of the screen.

If it's not an iPad, pray tell... ;)

It's just heavily Photoshopped. The sides that are vertical in the picture are elongated to make it appear there is more viewing space than there actually would be in landscape mode.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
For kitchen purposes, get a used original iPad.

I've already decided that our current iPad 2 is getting a permanent place in our kitchen as a cooking and entertainment device (paired with AirPlay speakers) when the new high res iPad comes out.

Honestly though for this purpose, an always plugged in original iPad would work just fine.

I had an original iPad to use in the kitchen..... I bought one when Verizon put them on sale when the iPad 2 came out..... My mom decided she liked the iPad, so I ended up giving it to her.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i wish the wall mount worked with the original iPad because then i'd definitely be getting one to free up some space over my desk, alas it was not meant to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.