Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:37 AM   #1
mdcuk
macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 working on Virgin Mobile?

Alright, im thinking about getting an Iphone 4. But at the moment i have an amazing 30 day rolling contract on Virgin Mobile. If I brought one and unlocked it and then cut my sim card down. Would the Iphone work on virgin?

Thanks
mdcuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:44 AM   #2
OMGwtfBBQwings
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcuk View Post
Alright, im thinking about getting an Iphone 4. But at the moment i have an amazing 30 day rolling contract on Virgin Mobile. If I brought one and unlocked it and then cut my sim card down. Would the Iphone work on virgin?

Thanks
Hello,

Ive a 25 sim only 30 day rolling contract that has 800 minutes, unlimited text, web and virgin to virgin calls for only 10.16 per month

loyalty bonus and all.

and yes the simcard was about 3 years old and i cut it down last september and it works perfectly with my iphone 4 as it did with 3g and 3gs.

under the network settings it shows t mobiles settings buts thats expected since virgin mobile use t mobiles network for their network.

i remember when the iphone 4 was coming out, there were rumours that virgin mobile were going to buy rights to sell iphone 4's but it didnt materialise for whatever reason.

but yes do it!, it works, i post a screenshot if you want further proof
OMGwtfBBQwings is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:52 AM   #3
mdcuk
macrumors newbie

Heyy cheers for the advise, that was my only worry and now its cleared. so i better start bidding . Could you post some screen shots?
mdcuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone