Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:49 PM   #1
IA04
macrumors newbie

Color wheel of death on startup.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Two weeks ago I recieved my 11 inch MBA 128GB with the i7 processor and it has worked flawlessly until today. It is my first mac, and I was prepared to love it. However, now when I turn on my computer everything works as it should for a few minutes before I am given the colorwheel until my computer gets hot and I have to turn it off. While the color wheel spins, I am not able to open any apps or use finder. It just sits in limbo with the only action I am able to do is move the cursor. Anyone with any ideas what culd be going on? Thanks in advance
IA04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Roller
macrumors 65816

Next time you start up the computer, immediately run Activity Monitor (it's in Applications/Utilities). That should tell you if some program or process is tying up the CPU. Since you're new to Mac OS, though, it might be easier to take your MBA to an Apple Store or dealer to look at, if that's an option.
Roller is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air