Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilsaa21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
would it be possible that apple does not announce the new iPhone 5 and just releases it? I mean Tim Cook is NOT Steve Jobs..

lilsaa21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
Very highly doubt it. I think an invitation will be sent out this week for the event.

people have been saying that every week end for weeks. we are getting closer and closer to the expected release date and nothing is coming up..

MustangJoe

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
That would never happen. The top rumor right now is that we will get an announcement on October 5th. Invites will probably go out on the last week of September.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
people have been saying that every week end for weeks. we are getting closer and closer to the expected release date and nothing is coming up..
I agree with you but the reason I think something will happen within the next 10 days is More than 1 cell phone company including Orange, the german one and the chinese one have said to expect a release in the first 2 weeks of October. I really think something is about to happen. If nothing happens by in the next 10 days then something is not right.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
There is no chance of no announcement. Whats even worse is I have a feeling that an iPhone4s will be released and an iPhone 5 available within 30-60 days

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Apple is mixing things up.
They didn't follow their release cycle. Everyone would of bet their house that apple wouldn't change their release cycle.

So at this point anything goes. I think there is a slim chance of no keynote

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
There is no chance of no announcement. Whats even worse is I have a feeling that an iPhone4s will be released and an iPhone 5 available within 30-60 days

I don't think that's going to happen. iPad 2 had major shortages and people had to wait a while for stock to get replenished.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
That would never happen. The top rumor right now is that we will get an announcement on October 5th. Invites will probably go out on the last week of September.

The Oct 5th date makes the most sense, especially if you consider that is my wedding anniversary.

The only other date that it could be would be Oct 7th ( my birthday).

newmacuser14

macrumors member
May 29, 2011
I can't take the wait, I have been waiting for a year for this thing. I have a crappy $20 phone and this will be my first smart phone. The anticipation is killing me.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

MustangJoe said:

You got ur "top" rumors mixed up. If "top" rumors are true, I'll have an iPhone 5 in my hands on oct 5.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Here's my theory guys:

September 20 - Keynote invite (Tuesday, which is usually when Apple invites)

September 28 - Event (Wednesday, which is usually when Apple announces)

September 30 - Pre-orders start, week after... release

October 5 - Release date

In my mind it makes sense to release in October 5. I mean, iPhone 5, iOS5, released on October 5.

Nachoconqueso

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
One would think Apple is making a move this week. It's Sunday so let's wait and see. The following week is the last of September so it could be any time now. My money is on Wednesday or Friday. After next Friday I'm wondering wtf they are doing...

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Why would Apple not announce a new model of a product which accounts for over half of their revenue?

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from, but I think Apple will definitely do a whole press media event thing to unveil its flagship product. Practically thinking, I'd guess that there will be VP's up on the stage to discuss the new iPhone(s) various features. But idealistically thinking, I'm hoping for Steve to show up and present. I love his eloquence and style. :)

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC

Lets look at the facts: There is no expected release date.

What there is, sadly, is a bunch of random rumors from people who don't work for Apple. Believe what you will, but just because someone can post to a WordPress blog doesn't mean they know what they're talking about or that you should believe them.

There are been zero reliable source coming out with an actual date. Until that information is released stop saying "expected release date" - there isn't one besides the one in your head.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Lets look at the facts: There is no expected release date.

What there is, sadly, is a bunch of random rumors from people who don't work for Apple. Believe what you will, but just because someone can post to a WordPress blog doesn't mean they know what they're talking about or that you should believe them.

There are been zero reliable source coming out with an actual date. Until that information is released stop saying "expected release date" - there isn't one besides the one in your head.
That's not completely true. The "October rumors" aren't entirely made up and do have a somewhat credible background.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Apple is mixing things up.
They didn't follow their release cycle. Everyone would of bet their house that apple wouldn't change their release cycle.

So at this point anything goes. I think there is a slim chance of no keynote

Exactly. This year Apple is changing everything up. That's why it has people so confused and not knowing what to expect. But I do agree that they will most likely do a keynote for their flagship product.

One would think Apple is making a move this week. It's Sunday so let's wait and see. The following week is the last of September so it could be any time now. My money is on Wednesday or Friday. After next Friday I'm wondering wtf they are doing...

I am really hoping this week to hear something. I don't hear something by friday, I am really considering just getting an iPhone 4 contract and calling it a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.