Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
hi, i have had my verizon iphone 4 since may of this year and i'm having bad reception with my iphone 4 at home, work and at various other places and a unresponsive home button.

i say home because today i was playing around with my sisters iphone 4 that she got a week ago. i noticed that her iphone was connecting to websites quicker than mine and noticed she has 5 bars and i have 2. and everytime i try to load a page on my phone it took more than a few seconds to load but hers loaded quicker and finished loading before mine could.

at my job in the break room and several other parts, i notice that my iphone drops from 3g to "o" frequently. my job also has a verizon tower behind the building so i do not understand why its doing the drop from 3g to 1x. my two co-workers that own iphone 4's for verizon do not have the problem i have between the 3g reverting to "o" frequently. their iphone stays solid at 3g all the time in the break room.

i thought it was verizon network so i thought it was normal but not until i started messing with my sister and my co workers iphone 4's i began to think otherwise.

also my home button is very unresponsive. when i press the home button once. it doesn't respond. its like i have to press it 3 times for the unlock screen to appear and when i close an app i will press the home button. it would randomly bring up the multitasking bar.

i restored my phone and install all the latest updates for the verizon iphone, but the problems are still showing up.

i contacted verizon and they told me its probably a hardware issue and take it into apple (i bought it from my local apple store).

this is my first apple product and never had a replacement before and i'm still under warranty. i have not dropped my phone at all. so the phone is still in good condition. so does apple fix the reception problem and the home button?

thanks

bruce

tribe92z

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2009
I had a similar problem with my home button. Took it into the apple store where the genius quickly tested to confirm, then switched it out for another one and activated it. Took 15 minutes including the time I waited for the genius to finish up with his previous appointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.