Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAForever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Hello guys. Will pressing the LCD screen damage it? This afternoon during a presentation session with my lecturer, he pressed the screen and I could see some liquid form substance gather behind the screen following his finger trail. Just wondering if this will create some irreparable damage to the screen.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
All LCDs do that. Don't do it too often, since if you use too much pressure you can puncture the screen and damage the liquid crystals (causing it to "stick" or stop lighting up entirely). However, if it didn't get damaged I wouldn't worry about it.

MBAForever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
All LCDs do that. Don't do it too often, since if you use too much pressure you can puncture the screen and damage the liquid crystals (causing it to "stick" or stop lighting up entirely). However, if it didn't get damaged I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for being paranoid here but how do I check whether is there any damage? :)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Put up an all white screen and look to see if you see any dark or color pixels. Do the same with an all black screen (with this one you are just looking for colored pixels).

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Hello guys. Will pressing the LCD screen damage it? This afternoon during a presentation session with my lecturer, he pressed the screen and I could see some liquid form substance gather behind the screen following his finger trail. Just wondering if this will create some irreparable damage to the screen.

This is the most annoying thing anyone can do!

At work people always put their finger on the screen to point things out. They look at me like I'm weird when I say "no, please dont!"

Idiots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.