Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:49 PM   #1
GuitarG20
macrumors 65816

Wi-Fi doesn't automatically renew lease to new routers

Hi all,

As my sig says I have a 3GS with 4.3.5.

My university has blanket wifi, which I have my phone connected to. However, as I move around campus (onto different routers [with same name/access protocol]) i have to renew my lease in the wifi menu in order to get an IP that the router will accept so that I can get working data.

Is there any way to make it so it does this automatically when the IP it has isn't getting any responses? I am willing to go back to 4.2.2 (or 1, whatever it was) and re-jailbreak if I have to. and yes, i have the SHSH from it, so i can go back.
Old May 24, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2
toddknutson
macrumors newbie

Same Problem, Any Solutions?

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to your question?

I'm having the exact same problem.

Thanks
toddknutson is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
multiple routers, renew lease, wifi