Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:09 PM   #1
crispywebb
macrumors newbie

Power Mac quad value

Hello. I'm trying to sell my quad core Power Mac on craigslist. I've had it posted for about 3 weeks at $450 and today I finally got my first serious offer. The problem is he says $350 is the best he can do. Would I be crazy to go through with the deal? The only mods are an additional 2 GB of RAM (2.5 total now) and a new 1 TB hard drive (in addition to original 250 GB one).

Would eBay be a better route? Shipping seems like it would be a hassle considering I don't have a car.

I appreciate any input.
crispywebb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:17 PM   #2
ViviUO
macrumors 6502

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable offer. Plus prices are going down on them more and more every day.
ViviUO is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:27 PM   #3
ThunderSnake
macrumors 6502

Tough call. You can check eBay's completed auctions to see what they've recently sold for.

The Craig's List asking price here in Atlanta is seldom below $500 for a Quad. A lot depends on your local market.
ThunderSnake is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:54 PM   #4
crispywebb
macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I think I might just take the offer. I might lose a few bucks, but at least he'll come to me to pick it up.

On eBay they seem to be going anywhere from $300-500. Here in Portland I've yet to see a quad on craigslist in the past few months.

It's frustrating that everyone who contacts me doesn't know anything about the computer and wants to know if it's "good". It's hard to part with it and I wish I knew it was going to a good home. (It's only a computer, don't be sentimental, right?)
crispywebb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs