Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:45 AM   #1
purplekush604
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Was thinking of buying a macbook pro with and i5 processor. Just wondering if i should wait, as apple is holding a press confrence in october for new iphone, hoping something new will
Be out?

Thanks in advance
purplekush604 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:49 AM   #2
hakuryuu
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lomita, CA
If you need one now, get one. Otherwise I wouldn't be expecting a new Macbook Pro this year.
__________________
ACTC
MBP 2.9GHz i7 | 8GB | 13" Retina
MBP 2.3GHz i7 | 8GB | 15" Retina
Mac Pro 3.7GHz | 12GB | D300
hakuryuu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:33 AM   #3
Amerabian
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
If you want the best performance MBP..

If you want the slickest MBP..

Wait until the last year of your life when you think you'll die and buy an MBP.

You'll never get to see the next one, so you'll have THE MOST AWESOME MBP EVER CREATED IN THE UNIVERSE!

Amerabian is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:19 AM   #4
awer25
macrumors 6502a
 
awer25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Buy or wait?
__________________
Late 2013 13" rMBP | 4.9GHz i7 Hackintosh, 16GB RAM, GTX 780 Ti GPU, SSD | iPad Air LTE 32GB | 32GB iPhone 5S
awer25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:33 AM   #5
devito19
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, AU
get one if you really need it now. i thought the buyer's guide explained it quite enough
devito19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:05 AM   #6
purplekush604
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry i never checked the buyers guide. I need a laptop before end of november i just thought maybe they might be releasing something new with iphone 4
purplekush604 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:06 PM   #7
hcho3
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: May 2010
My recommendation is wait.

I disagree with others about MBP is not getting upgrade anytime soon. If you don't need it, I would wait for few months. MBP will be updated sooner than later.

Last update was February. It has been over 7 months. Apple usually updates MBP every 8-10 months. There is a strong chance that MBP will be updated by end of October.

Expect faster CPU
Better GPU

These are minor updates, but current models will also see the price drop.
hcho3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:30 PM   #8
Gurutech
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
If you can wait, wait.
If not, buy it now.
__________________
Macbook Pro 17" 2.2 i7 8 G RAM
Gurutech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:35 PM   #9
psykick5
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm waiting for the pretty new body (and Ivy Bridge), I recommend you do, too
psykick5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:06 PM   #10
EmbraceNext
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
There are strong rumors that there will be a slight bump in CPU this week. I am waiting till friday, if nothing happens then i am getting mine. Maybe you should do the same. Ivy bridge will not be out until late 1h next year so you would wait 8 months for that.
EmbraceNext is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:54 PM   #11
yusukeaoki
macrumors 68030
 
yusukeaoki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Get it now if you need it.

Wait if you can wait till next year April-ish.
__________________
17" MacBook Pro (Early 2011), 2.2GHz i7-2720QM, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD@5400rpm
11" MacBook Air (Mid 2013), 1.7GHz i7-4650U, 8GB RAM, 512GB Flash
HTC J One (White) 32GB
yusukeaoki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:46 AM   #12
Badrottie
macrumors 68020
 
Badrottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: California
you said before by the end of November? Buy it NOW!!! Why wait? Forget about April refresh!
__________________
That is OK to make fun of my poor english grammars just because you are bullying deaf people.
Badrottie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:41 AM   #13
PeppWaves03
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
This is exactly what I am doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceNext View Post
There are strong rumors that there will be a slight bump in CPU this week. I am waiting till friday, if nothing happens then i am getting mine. Maybe you should do the same. Ivy bridge will not be out until late 1h next year so you would wait 8 months for that.
I think this is the best idea and at least for me, this is what I am doing. You still get two weeks of a retune policy so your safe. If something new comes out, return or call up apple for a better price or wherever you based from.
PeppWaves03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:50 PM   #14
PeppWaves03
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
14 change in price policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppWaves03 View Post
I think this is the best idea and at least for me, this is what I am doing. You still get two weeks of a retune policy so your safe. If something new comes out, return or call up apple for a better price or wherever you based from.
So in doing more research I found this little gem:

Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 14 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change.

I am going to count 14 days out which should be now and order my laptop
PeppWaves03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:59 PM   #15
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
When it comes to technology if you wait until the next upgrade or the next best thing you will never buy anything. The MacBook Pro or whatever laptop you buy this week may be obsolete next week or next month.

If you listen to all the rumors as to when Apple will upgrade the MacBook, well you will probably never buy a MacBook because there is always the new one a few months away.

If you need a computer now, then buy it now. When the new ones come out and you really feel you have to have whatever bells and whistles they aded sell what you have now and get the new one, but keep in mind that in a few more months another one with even better bells and whistles will be out, but wait theres more .....a few months after that there will be another then another and so on and so on and so on.

The soundest advice with technology products is simply if you need it now, buy it now. If not, then wait a few months. It's really not that hard.
__________________
Scott
iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone 5, iPad Retina Mini WiFi+Cell, iPad 4 WiFi+Cell, iPod Classic, Apple TV
ScottNWDW is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the Retina Macbook Pro To Buy now? or Should wait? Slys MacBook Pro 55 Jul 13, 2014 07:14 PM
Wait to buy new Retina 13 macbook pro???? nyli2 MacBook Pro 3 Oct 29, 2013 10:59 PM
Macbook Pro - buy or wait? user78595 MacBook Pro 4 Sep 27, 2013 10:49 AM
Buy a Macbook pro now or wait for new one? Curialover MacBook Pro 29 Aug 19, 2013 06:20 PM
Buy or wait for new MacBook Pro? Beatbeckham MacBook Pro 2 Jul 23, 2013 05:22 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC