Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kndllalx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey guys. I've been having issues with whatsapp lately. It worked fine on my iPod Touch 3g running 4.3.3 (jailbroken with jailbreakme). Cydia suddenly disappeared one day so I had to restore it. I decided to go with iOS 5 beta 7 since I had to restore my iPod already as it is... I had issues jailbreaking iOS 5 beta 7, so I decided to go back to iOS 4.3.5. I'm currently running a tethered redsn0w jailbreak.

I downloaded WhatsApp v2.6.6 and I keep getting an error message when I try to get whatsapp to send my number an activation code -- "Could not connect to WhatsApp service. Please try again later." Thing is, my Internet is working fine. I can open pages as per normal on safari. I even tried getting this to work using the school's wifi but I still get the same error message. WhatsApps' servers couldn't be down. I got a friend to try sending out a message. It worked. I tried downloading v2.6.4. This time, I managed to get past the phone number activation screen. I got the validation SMS and entered the three-digit code into WhatsApp. It loaded up. Now, however, that annoying "Creating Favorites" thingy is always on the favorites tab. When I go to the settings tab, it tells me that I'm not connected under the network status. Again, my Internet works perfectly fine on safari.

If anyone can help me with this issue, I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance :D

adoreonline

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
I'm having the same problem too. It used to work well and perfect but now I get the same message. Tried different wifi for my itouch, reset the device before but it just doesn't seem to work. the Whatsapp I downloaded was 2.6.6, then I deleted it and tried 2.6.5 when the first one didn't work out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.