Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hsouris

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Hello,

I have been using iStat menus lately and I been monitoring the temperature in particular. The problem is I can't seem to understand what each and every one of these labels mean. For instance, this is the TMP Menu looks on my MBA 13"

attachment.php

Anyone knows what they stand for? Bjango says they don't know and that I should contact the manufacturer

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-21 at 9.00.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-09-21 at 9.00.59 PM.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 552

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
You should probably worry about the ones that will affect your usage. To learn about all of them, youll have to research/maybe use a little bit of common sense.

If you're not under/overclocking, you really have no reason to worry about voltages.

Your CPU A temperature is the temperature of the diode in your CPU. It is the most important reading. CPU 1/2 represent the temperature of the two physical cores in your CPU; also important.

If you don't know what anything else is, you really don't need to worry about what they mean, unless you have a specific reason to. If you just want to know, google is your friend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.