Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:30 AM   #1
lanervoza
macrumors member

Disable Right Click?

Just got my dad's old macbook pro (5,3) and am loving it compared to my old one (2,2). However, as much as I thought I would love right click, I don't. My hand is used to resting pretty far to the right so that my thumb is generally landing on the "right click" area of the trackpad. I've gotten used to using control-click or apple-click (pending program) for right-click functions and am having trouble adjusting my hand position. Any way to disable this function so the trackpad is all "left click"?

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Last edited by lanervoza; Sep 22, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
lanervoza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:32 AM   #2
ergdegdeg
Moderator emeritus

Look in System Preferences > Trackpad > Point & Click. You can turn off secondary click or set it to the left corner or to using two fingers.
ergdegdeg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:35 AM   #3
lanervoza
macrumors member

I see settings to change where secondary click is for one-finger tapping (which I've disabled in general), but not the mechanical click.

Am I missing something or am I just going to have to try harder to learn?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:04 AM   #4
lanervoza
macrumors member

OK so I set it to bottom left corner (under one finger tap) and although the box isn't marked it seems to have worked the way I want it.

The whole trackpad is a left click now. Not sure why this worked but it did.

Sweet.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro