Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

tigerwoodslogo-150x150.jpg

EA frequently runs sales on its iOS games, slashing the prices on its games down to $0.99. Today, the price drops a little further on two games, the iPhone and iPad versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012, in a promotion with @FreeAppADay.

The games normally sell for $4.99 and $6.99 for the iPhone and iPad versions respectively, but are discounted today in concert with the PGA TOUR Championship, which runs this weekend at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta.

TouchArcade has a lengthy review of the game, calling Tiger Woods a "solid choice for your mobile golfing needs."

tigerwoo.jpg

EA is also running a sale on iPad games this weekend, offering up to 70% off a number of its iPad game titles, including Monopoly, Scrabble, and SimCity.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12 for the iPhone is available on the App Store for free, today only, normally $4.99. [iTunes]

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12 for iPad is available on the App Store for free, today only, normally $6.99. [iTunes]

Article Link: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 Free for One Day

ade2bee

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2009
Outside the US bubble!

When you write and publish a story like this it would be prudent, as I do when writing for blogs/sites, to remember the people read your articles outside of your US bubble, so therefore it would be helpful as not to create a negative affect, that you mention when something is US only!

Thank you!

Signing out - Hopes raised then quashed ;-)

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
When you write and publish a story like this it would be prudent, as I do when writing for blogs/sites, to remember the people read your articles outside of your US bubble, so therefore it would be helpful as not to create a negative affect, that you mention when something is US only!

Thank you!

its not US only.
free in UK too.

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas

Thank you!

What do you mean? Is the free download US only? Otherwise I don't understand what you mean. Well, yes if you are in Japan, that might be too late since the date already passed. When I read the other day that something is free at Starbucks for the week, I had to pass because I was in the neighbor city which has a SB the day before and now it was too late to know I could get it there. That's life. :cool:

EnergonCube

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
AWESOME! I heard there's an easter egg in the game where you can go into a bar and have sex with ugly waitresses. Pretty sweet!

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

It's gotten a bit bloated the last few updates, but still a solid game. I'd say it is worth the cost....it's well worth the space it occupies.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
bunch of americans in here... you wonder why we don't like you.

Yours truly,

A Canadian.

:eek:

go ahead, neg my post. just further proving my point.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
289 MB seriously??????

wow, imagine how much more space a game for a 3D device would be...would a 3D capable device need special stuff in the programming or would it just ned to be on the screen? i guess the programming could accompany the screen for a better experience, then again I do not really know.

evilblob

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
Apparently it doesn't even exist in Australia...

The item you've requested is not currently available in the Australian Store, but it is available in the US Store. Click Change Store to view this item.

That's all I get told.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011

Yours truly,

A Canadian.

You do realize that the US is right below Canada in geography, if we wanted your oil resources, we can easily conquer Canada for it.

300 million to 40 million people.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I downloaded both versions yesterday...thanks for the heads up.:cool:

Yours truly,

A Canadian.

Who pissed in your Large Double Double? Or spat on your Harvey's burger? Or forgot to put Chalet sauce in your Quarter Chicken White? :rolleyes:

If you specifically ask people to -1 your post, and your sig focuses on it, your posts will be -1'ed. I don't see how that proves any point that you think you're trying to make.:confused:

You do realize that the US is right below Canada in geography, if we wanted your oil resources, we can easily conquer Canada for it.

300 million to 40 million people.

:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.