Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mumty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
I just bought a dock that plays CD's, tapes and iPhone music (3 generations of music, still listen to them all) and charges the iPhone. But when I plug it in, I get the above message and horrible high pitched noises every once in a while.

I told HMV but they wont take it back after 30 days. So I'm stuck with it. Is there any way to stop this high pitched noise? Every when I'm not using it it still makes the noise.

Thanks for the help.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Put your iPhone in Airplane Mode when docked.

The iPhone's radio frequencies don't go well with those speakers, every time you hear that high pitch noise, its your iPhone sending/receiving data from your service provider (all phones do this).

Putting your iPhone in Airplane mode disables all antenna's in your phone so that they won't interfere with your speakers.

Last edited:

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Put your iPhone in Airplane Mode when docked.

The iPhone's radio frequencies don't go well with those speakers, every time you hear that high pitch noise, its your iPhone sending/receiving data from your service provider (all phones do this).

Putting your iPhone in Airplane mode disables all antenna's in your phone so that they won't interfere with your speakers.

You have no clue at all, do you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.