Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:41 AM   #1
braddick
macrumors 68030

How to keep jailbreak with a new iMac?

Just had to swap out my iMac for a new one yesterday and after activating my iTunes downloaded all my previously owned video; music, and apps.

The only bummer is I plug in my iPhone (original iPhone 2G) and now it states it is synced with another iTunes library and do I want to erase and sync with this new one? If I do this then I'll loose my jailbreak.

I know I can simply re-jail break but what a hassle getting everything back to what it is now.
Is there a workaround for this dilemma?
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:05 PM   #2
apmorency
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
Just had to swap out my iMac for a new one yesterday and after activating my iTunes downloaded all my previously owned video; music, and apps.

The only bummer is I plug in my iPhone (original iPhone 2G) and now it states it is synced with another iTunes library and do I want to erase and sync with this new one? If I do this then I'll loose my jailbreak.

I know I can simply re-jail break but what a hassle getting everything back to what it is now.
Is there a workaround for this dilemma?
You wont loose your jailbreak. It's going to replace the music, apps and info currently on the phone with what's in the itunes library.
apmorency is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:45 PM   #3
braddick
macrumors 68030

Excellent! I made an assumption.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks