Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:27 PM   #1
albrekht
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
How To Restore Data From Disabled iPhone4 ??? Pease HELP!!!

Hi.
I have permanently disabled iPhone 4. it is my wife`s phone who passed away.
i need to get photos and videos from the phone. The original computer which i synced it with doesn't help.
I have 2 computer and don't remember which one was that i synced it with,on one of them i had hard drive which crashed so i installed new one, so basically when i am connecting to iTunes on both computer it says "enter your pass code before connecting to iTunes" but on the phone there is no keypad to enter pass code, it says only "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes"

So far nothing works.

1. I tried iFaith to dump SHSH blobs, but later found out that building IPSW is only for restoring, that it will not retrieve my data.

2. I tried iPhone Browser but it doesn't see my device

3. i did not try this yet, not sure how to do this
" http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/2...-recovery.html "


any suggestion, is there any body who have gotten data back from disabled iPhone?
please help me, i will really appreciate it

Albert.

ca91344@gmail.com

Last edited by albrekht; Sep 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: removed solicitation
albrekht is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:37 PM   #2
saving107
macrumors 603
 
saving107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
If the phone is disabled, then no you can't get in.
saving107 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:42 PM   #3
albrekht
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I can not, but there should be somebody or any company who do that, who retrieve data from iPhone like they do retrieve data from hard drives or flash memories. i googled for data retrieval companies, but so far could not find anybody who retrieves data from iPhone.
albrekht is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Vundu
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Can Apple not help under the circumstances?
Vundu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:01 PM   #5
albrekht
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
apple has a shitiest costumer service, the dont do anything to help me, just suggesting to find 3-rd party who does recovery
albrekht is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:04 PM   #6
davariable
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by albrekht View Post
Hi.
I have permanently disabled iPhone 4. it is my wife`s phone who passed away.
i need to get photos and videos from the phone. The original computer which i synced it with doesn't help.
I have 2 computer and don't remember which one was that i synced it with,on one of them i had hard drive which crashed so i installed new one, so basically when i am connecting to iTunes on both computer it says "enter your pass code before connecting to iTunes" but on the phone there is no keypad to enter pass code, it says only "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes"

So far nothing works.

1. I tried iFaith to dump SHSH blobs, but later found out that building IPSW is only for restoring, that it will not retrieve my data.

2. I tried iPhone Browser but it doesn't see my device

3. i did not try this yet, not sure how to do this
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...-recovery.html


any suggestion, is there any body who have gotten data back from disabled iPhone?
i will pay if anybody can do that for me , please help me, i will really appreciate it

Albert.

ca91344@gmail.com
Have you tried getting the pictures by plugging in your phone and opening Image Capture? You might be able to get them there. Otherwise, I would try using PhoneView. It's usually pretty good.

Hope that helps, and sorry for your loss.
davariable is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:01 PM   #7
spikefood
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by albrekht View Post
apple has a shitiest costumer service, the dont do anything to help me, just suggesting to find 3-rd party who does recovery
I would think Apple could do something if it was in reality, your wife's phone. However, given your attitude, I'm starting to question your story. For starters, why would the phone have ever been disabled in the first place?
spikefood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:09 PM   #8
albrekht
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikefood View Post
I would think Apple could do something if it was in reality, your wife's phone. However, given your attitude, I'm starting to question your story. For starters, why would the phone have ever been disabled in the first place?

because it was hit and run case and all staff from purse was in police hands, some idiot officer was trying to figure pass code.

instead of asking stupid questions and doing useless investigation you better stay away from this thread.
albrekht is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:18 PM   #9
spikefood
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by albrekht View Post
because it was hit and run case and all staff from purse was in police hands, some idiot officer was trying to figure pass code.

instead of asking stupid questions and doing useless investigation you better stay away from this thread.
Well assuming your story is correct, which I'm sure it could be. It seems it was disabled since you had the "erase all data after 10 failed attempts" turned on. So even if you could reactivate the phone it would have no data on it. It's all wiped.

And in no way am I trying to insult you or your wife, just this is the internet and it's often hard to tell the truth or not.
spikefood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:21 PM   #10
braddick
macrumors 68030
 
braddick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Encinitas, CA
Sorry for your loss. I'd think a local computer repair shop would know how to help you and if not at least send you in the right direction.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:22 PM   #11
albrekht
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
i am pretty sure that option was off, because my wife did not know about iPhone that much to go and change something in settings.

but even though if it was on , there should be solution something like for HDD.
like we all know that you can retrieve erased or damaged data from hard drives or flash drives,etc...

I have contacted so many places but nobody has an experience retrieving data from iPhone. i just cant find right person. i hope somebody could direct me to the right place.

Last edited by albrekht; Sep 25, 2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: edit
albrekht is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canīt restore backup to iPhone4 iPhone4man65 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Jan 21, 2014 04:41 PM
iPad Mini: Full Restore of iPad mini did not restore game data urbancity iPad 7 Dec 25, 2013 05:53 AM
Bypass disabled screen on iPhone 4 with out losing any data!! fassa092 iPhone 0 Oct 11, 2013 10:58 AM
iPad: Pease help me, how to downgrade iPad 4th from 6.1 to 6.0.1 7ameditsh Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 4 Feb 18, 2013 07:08 PM
IPAD 2 LOCKED AND DISABLED will not restore pmauro55 iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 1 Feb 1, 2013 09:13 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC