Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Hi, Everyone.
Sorry for yet another 'Lion won't sleep' thread. But I gotta ask this.

Like everybody else, I also noticed that my 2011 macbook pro does not sleep automatically. Since then, I tried everything to fix the problem. I disabled internet sharing, auto-synching option in the chrome browser...etc. But, I was still having random no-sleep problem.

Today I found out that my laptop does not sleep only when the browser is open with a couple of specific websites. These websites are Twitter and Steep & Cheap.

Can anyone tell me why these websites prevent mine from auto-sleeping? I was kind of glad that I was finally able to locate the problem but I have no idea why the issue has to do with specific websites.

Thank you.

ijha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Anyone????

I also found out that iTunes with no music playing and Google Cal are blocking auto-sleeping.

ijha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Can it be related? Those sites are constantly updated. For example, Twitter shows unopened twits, Steep and Cheap changes its sale items every 20-30 minutes...etc.

I have no idea. But I can say that with other websites open (for example, forums, espn...etc) mine goes into deep sleep without any problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.