Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
This morning on the Stern show Howard was talking about iPhone 5. For those who don't listen to the show, Howard is a HUGE Apple fan. He is also very powerful and has a ton of friends in the tech and business world.

He was saying that he loves his iP4. And that he has finally gotten it set so that he can go 2-3 days with a single charge. He said he would keep his 4 but because of one option, he's going to get the iPhone 5. Robin said "well all we know is that it'll have a better camera"..Howard said "ohhh..no...it's going to have a better camera, faster processor, speech recognition and some other things that are nice, but not enough to make me switch...I love my iP4. BUT Robin, there is one thing that the iPhone 5 WILL have that most people dont know about and that I need...4G...the new iPhone will bs 4G capable and that's a fact...And the ONLY reason I have already made arrangements to have one in my hands on day 1"

Just another stupid rumor. But Howard knows a lot of people and was very positive in saying it.

So that's it...i don't care if u hate Howard or think his show sucks, etc, etc. I'm just simply pointing out what he said. And if that info was starting to become available, I wouldn't doubt that Howard got the scoop from someone. I'm not putting any weight behind it, but it was nice to hear. Honestly I don't think it will have 4G although it would be nice. Because n order for it to have 4G, Apple would have had to first solve the battery issue before even considering it.

Just another rumor for a rumor site. T- 6 days until all this speculating is over. I for one can't wait. Ive had enough of this. Lol

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Hah, I'm a huge Howard fan! Funny to see talk about him on MR.

Honestly, sometimes he can get annoying when he's talking about Apple products.. he can be a bit over the top.

I'm pretty sure any info or iPhone 5 stuff he's talking about is just from rumors online or what people have told him as well. Definitely don't think he'd have any inside info. Probably the 4G stuff will be hspa+ (still can't stand they call that 4G though).

energetic

macrumors member
4G capability will be nice, especially if there are networks that support this technology. I've seen lately a nice development by various network providers and it has been mentioned through a variety of articles. In some cases, those carriers, have managed to announce just recently that they support 4G. Just in time before the announcement of the iPhone event on October 4, a date which... sounds relevant to 4G. Just few more days, until that day. :)

As for Howard Stern, there have been some wild shows in the past. :p

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Howard Stern, unfunny for at least 15 years, has no idea about what's coming. He's talking ****, which oddly, is what he is paid to do

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
If he's happy with 3-4 days battery life but he has to have 4G, I hope he's prepared for 1/2 a day of battery life...

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
There will be no 4G on the next iPhone, that will come next year.

Howard needs to stick to butt bongo fiesta.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Do 4G capable phones have worse battery life across the board or only when they're actually using the 4G?

Also, do current 4G phones give you the option of turning it off?

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
So it's come to this - Howard Stern being quoted as a source of useful information (about anything)!! :eek:

What a world...:(

Jesus Christ how much did the guy have to say about him not trying to claim Howard as a source of info? He said up and down that he's not trying to post BREAKING NEWS or anything. It's just an interesting post about an interesting guy saying some interesting stuff.

Themaeds

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Best thread ever

The only personality I trust for phone rumors is Ronnie The Limo Driver. Woah Woah Woah...stop the clock

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
My favourite part of the thread was where the OP dedicated a paragraph to say this thread is not to discuss the merit of Howard Stern or his show and yet people are still doing it.

Anyways, thanks OP; interesting information. I highly doubt we'll be seeing LTE, most likely just HSPA+, but who knows.

Nevadadrifter

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
Howard's statement is no different that any other Apple news/rumor website posting a speculative story just to garner some traffic. Howie will take attention any way he can get it, even if it means making things up.

For RELIABLE iPhone news, you need to hit up Ted, over at Ted Sheckler's Cellular Communication Device Emporium.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Jesus Christ how much did the guy have to say about him not trying to claim Howard as a source of info? He said up and down that he's not trying to post BREAKING NEWS or anything. It's just an interesting post about an interesting guy saying some interesting stuff.

I guess it is on this point that we part company. We'll just agree to disagree. ;)

Muad'Dib

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
He said 4G....not LTE.

HSPA+

If it's LTE, I'll be making akwardly loud yelping noises of excitement from my cubicle at work when it's announced. :p

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
30 year Howard listener but would never, ever believe anything technical that he has to say. It all comes from Ralph, his slacker friend who can barely spell iPhone. He just picks up a few rumors like everyone else.... :cool:

And Baba Booey to you all!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.