Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:08 PM   #1
pbateman
macrumors regular

Iphone calendar events off by 1 hour compared to ICloud

Hey guys
I am wondering if anyone is experiencing this issue. Running IOS5 b7 and syncing my calendar in Icloud with my phone. All my events show the correct time in Icloud when i check it online, however on the phone the events show up scheduled 1 hour later.
I am in the Eastern time zone and I already checked the timezone in Icloud (its correct), also checked it in the phone under Date and Time and it is set to New York.
Someone suggested checking the time zone under Settings>Mail/Contacts>Time Zone support. It was set to "on" and the time zone set to New York which should be correct. I tried toggling off anyways, still no change, set it back to on..no change.
Anyone having the same issue?

Edit: I guess it is relative to where i create the events. If i create an event in the iphone calendar it shows the 'correct time' in the iphone calendar but then in icloud online shows up one hour earlier..so not sure which one is the one messing up now

Thanks!

Last edited by pbateman; Sep 29, 2011 at 06:25 PM.
pbateman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:10 AM   #2
avanderbilt
macrumors newbie

Time Zone Issue

This may sound a little crazy, but it worked for me to fix this issue.

I had set my time zone to central (click on your name to set your time zone) which is right for me, but the problem persisted.

To six it, I re-set my timezone, but instead of clicking down in Mexico I clicked up higher, near Texas. I logged out and back in and the problem was solved.
avanderbilt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Flugelhornjazz
macrumors newbie

Cool iPhone calendar event time off by 1 hour on iCloud

This is exactly what is happening between my iPhone 4S and the iCloud calendar on my HP PC. WIth so many entries in the calendar, I don't know which time is correct now...Someone somewhere has a solution...
Flugelhornjazz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:23 PM   #4
dazeerae
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb this solution works

avanderbilt said: "I had set my time zone to central (click on your name to set your time zone) which is right for me, but the problem persisted. To fix it, I re-set my timezone, but instead of clicking down in Mexico I clicked up higher, near Texas. I logged out and back in and the problem was solved."

This solution worked for me. All of the appointments I'd entered on my iPhone calendar were off by an hour when I looked at my calendar on iCloud. When I looked at my Time Zone map on iCloud, it was correctly marked as central but had me pinpointed in San Salvador (??). I clicked on the US portion of the map near where I live. When I looked at my calendar again, everything was still off by one hour, but I followed the suggestion above to log out & log back in. Voila, problem solved! Thank you avanderbilt! Very helpful.
dazeerae is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting