Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bclizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
if im having home button issues, and i bought my phone 14 months ago, am i still able to call ATT or Apple and receive a replacement?

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
it will cost you over 80$ just to call apple. It will probably cost 200$ and they will give you a refurbished phone.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
if im having home button issues, and i bought my phone 14 months ago, am i still able to call ATT or Apple and receive a replacement?

No. However go into an apple store and speak to a genius and see if they are feeling generous. you can get a $200 warranty replacement.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
You can give AT&T a call, they might help. Probably not, but worth asking. If you have an Apple store nearby take it in, sometimes they cut you a break.

Rather than having Apple replace it for $199, if neither of the above works try one of the independent repair places like iResq.com - iResq shows home-button repair charge of only $32 plus shipping.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Heres a tip. If you are girl, wear a nice revealing top. If you are a guy, come in and be a nice guy and just ask for help. Geniuses have the ability to replace any iPhone at any time, just gotta find one who likes you. Often with an issue like this they will replace it for ya at no cost with a refurb.

PS: you can also try and offer beer. They wont actually take you up on the offer, but it makes them like you. =]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.