Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrapollo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
Please help, this is driving me crazy. So I jailbroke a friend's phone on my Mac but it turned out not to be what he wanted so I restored it again and gave it back to him. Neither my own iPhone or iPad are jailbroken and I don;t want them to be. I used TimyUmbrella during it to boot my friend's phone from recovery and that maybe affecting things.... anyway...
Syncing my iPhone today it stuck on Syncing and didn;t go anywhere so eventually I unplugged it. Then iTunes refused to recognise it at all (except when I unplugged it oddly, it would then start going Syncing iPhone and then stop). So I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes but that didn;t help. I then tried restoring the iPhone and iTunes said my phone wasn't eligible for the requested build. After some trawling round it turned out I needed to edit the hosts file which I did and then it restored fine. I then restored the phone from backup from this afternoon. However, now even though the phone is restored iTunes just offers me the restore screen asking if I want to set up as new phone or restore from backup.
Added to this, I plugged my iPad in and it too stuck at the beginning of syncing but I haven't done anything else with that yet. My old iPod classic however syncs just fine.
Does anyone have any good suggestions as to what has gone wrong here? Again, neither my iPhone nor my iPad are jailbroken. This is driving me mad here, please help!
Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.