Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:14 PM   #1
[DL]
macrumors 6502

iTunes Store... HD or SD?

Okay, so I have a 13" Late 2009 MacBook. Normal display. I don't plan to stream my TV Shows to an actual HDTV. But I was wondering, would buying the HD version of, say, The Simpsons Season 23 have much of a difference in quality over SD? I have no clue if this display is supposed to be HD-compatible, so yeah. I've tried the 30-second preview for both the SD and HD versions, but I don't see a difference, possibly because they use the HD version for the previews. I only buy animated programs, like Family Guy, if that helps.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Kashika
macrumors regular

Any laptop screen offers a better resolution than SD.
I'd go for the HD version. And you never know what you might choose to do in the future with it.
Kashika is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:58 PM   #3
[DL]
macrumors 6502

Ah, well, I downloaded the HD preview of Family Guy, and the HD version also includes the SD, so I switched between the two, and, well, there is a noticeable difference! Well, guess I'm spending more money on the HD versions, now.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:41 PM   #4
USMCWifey07
macrumors member

When we purchase content through iTunes we always go with the HD version for optimal viewing
USMCWifey07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice