Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Naina
macrumors newbie

cursor moving around

Hi my cursor seems to have its own mind and running around the screen and i cant seem to control it...pls help
Naina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

On what exact Mac with what exact Mac OS X version with what exact pointing device and what kind of surface for that pointing device (if the pointing device is a mouse) does that happen?
Do you maybe have screen sharing activated and have someone with a Mac on your network?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3
munkery
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naina View Post
Hi my cursor seems to have its own mind and running around the screen and i cant seem to control it...pls help
Are you using a trackpad?

Does it only occur while your fingers are interacting with the trackpad?

This occurs if two fingers touch the trackpad in close succession at different locations on the trackpad.

Essentially, the trackpad is processing the input like a single finger swept across the trackpad instead of processing two independent inputs.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Naina
macrumors newbie

cursor moving around on screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkery View Post
Are you using a trackpad?

Does it only occur while your fingers are interacting with the trackpad?

This occurs if two fingers touch the trackpad in close succession at different locations on the trackpad.

Essentially, the trackpad is processing the input like a single finger swept across the trackpad instead of processing two independent inputs.
Hi actually , the cursor is moving by itself on the screen, yes i am using the trackpad, its strange...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:37 PM   #5
munkery
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naina View Post
Hi actually , the cursor is moving by itself on the screen, yes i am using the trackpad, its strange...
Open bluetooth preferences and see if any devices are paired with your computer.

If yes, delete the device from the list if it is not used.

Also, turn off "discoverable" if you aren't using any devices and after you pair any devices with your Mac.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 03:30 AM   #6
Naina
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkery View Post
Open bluetooth preferences and see if any devices are paired with your computer.

If yes, delete the device from the list if it is not used.

Also, turn off "discoverable" if you aren't using any devices and after you pair any devices with your Mac.
Hi thank you for helping.. i have turned off ' discoverable' but i can see it says Yes next to 'pair' ... the cursor still not behaving
Old Oct 2, 2011, 04:37 AM   #7
munkery
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
On what exact Mac with what exact Mac OS X version with what exact pointing device and what kind of surface for that pointing device (if the pointing device is a mouse) does that happen?
Do you maybe have screen sharing activated and have someone with a Mac on your network?
Reply to this post.

Also,

http://appletoolbox.com/2010/08/mous...-snow-leopard/

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help