Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shoch8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
What are your 10 most time consuming apps and games of all time?

10. FastFood - If your ever out and about looking for a quick bite to eat this app is a life saver. look through a list of restaurants by name, or food type, and let the app lead u straight to the front door.

9. Facebook/Twitter - Quite obvious, for all social networkers

8.iStunt Pro & iStunt 2 - Two completely awesome snowboard games that i completely fell in love with. I'm usually not a big extreme sports games player but these two games were great.

7.Super Stick man Golf (SSG) - now when I first heard about this game i thought to myself "Golf...? Lame..." but no. This game is incredibly time consuming and you will soon be finding yourself craving to finish all the levels on all the difficulties.

6. Rip Off - I barely see this game on top charts, and it is extremely underrated. This addictive little game is so much fun you won't believe you have never heard about it before.

5. Froggy Jump - although most people prefer Doodle Jump, for me Froggy Jump was an absolute delight. I have no idea how much time i spent on this game. There is so much to do ranging from clothes, to levels, to items that help you reach a higher score. One of my favorite games for sure.

4. Fruit Ninja - Now i know everyone has this on their list, but common! There is a reason behind it!

3. Jetpack Joyride - Another homerun by HalfBrick studios. Lovely art style, fun gameplay, and just so much to do. A must get.

2. Muffin Knight - This is probably my favorite game at the moment. The gameplay is just extremely fun and the variety in the game is incredible. This game is so much fun i have spent hours trying to max out all my characters levels, unlocking everything, and gathering thousands of muffins.

1. Cut the Rope - Now, although Cut the Rope isn't my favorite game, It is definitely the most time consuming. If i didn't get all the stars on a certain level I would grind and work on it until my fingers bleed (never got to that point but i can imagine its possible). I'm the type of player who has to get everything right and this game was just awesome. I know everyone out there is in acquaintance with Cut the Rope but again, there is a reason for that.

So what are some of your most time consuming apps? please share so that we can all enjoy those great games out there.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
In No Order:
Facebook: obvious reasons

Words with Friends: love this game
PicDish: Facebook/twitter for foodies/cooks, chefs
FoodGawker: recipe finder based on thumbnails
ESPN Fantasy Football NFL '11: keeping track of its and scores and stories around the league
PS Express/Snapseed: editing pics quickly to post places
Xfinity Mobile: email
Red Laser/Amazon: checking prices or buying things
Gas Buddy: checking gas prices
SoundHound/Shazam: what's that song? I know it now

stev3n

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2010
Netflix
eBay
WootWatch
Pandora
SoundHound
Hanging With Friends
Words With Friends
Facebook
Fruit Ninja
DoodleJump

kumquat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
youmail
facebook
goodreads
remotemouse
anote lite
crossword
mint
wunderlist

Last edited:

salilsundresh

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
Besides Apple's native apps - Phone, iPod, Maps reminders/Sirri...

Talkatone
eBay
Stream to me
What ever flavor task management app I've been using lately-this changes...still haven't found what's right
Yelp
Netflix
NPR News
Sky Grid
Genius scan - ever since I got the 4S
Goodreader

Who Dat

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Word with Friends
Yahoo! Fantasy Football
Baby Connect (if you have little tikes, this is gold)
Facebook
Twitter
Splashtop
Weight Watchers Mobile
Audible
Apple TV Remote
StayInTune

dmusicman385

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
New York
Facebook
Netflix
Slingplayer - Only good if you have slingbox, which if you do it is excellent
Madden 12
Ultimate MK3
Garfield Daily - Come on, who doesnt like Garfield?
iCam
Keynote
Ride LIRR - for the local trains (Long Island Rail Road)
Angry Birds

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.